Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Countries of LPF. Where are you?

Since LPF is a very global forum with members from around the world, I thought it would be interesting to see how many countries are represented here.

I have noticed that Africa is not well represented here, I know we have two members from South Africa, but they have not been active for a few weeks or months. I remember one member in Egypt but that was a long time ago and I don't think he remained active here. Are there currently any members in Africa?

There have also been few from Central America and few from South America. I remember at least two from Central American countries, and at least three from South America, two are currently active members.

Most of the rest of the world is well represented here but still quite a few countries missing.

It is my intention to create a list here of the countries, states, provinces, territories, self governing territories, disputed regions, etc. that all of you are from. In today's world it is impossible to even make a list of all the countries of the world. There are so many territories and disputed regions and islands and even whole countries that are disputed, many Asian islands, West Bank, Gaza, Kosovo, the disputed Western Sahara region, Islamic State, parts of the former Syria and Iraq, Kashmir, etc. Do we even have any members from those areas?

So I leave it to you to decide how to post your location. For example if you're from Puerto Rico you probably want to say Puerto Rico instead of U.S.A. Or are you in Scotland or the U.K. You decide. In the days ahead I will be making a list of locations of the active members. Please post your location and I will add it to the list. You don't need to list the city too unless you want to. You can list just the country, or also the state, province, territory as well.

So please begin posting.

If you want to you can also post info about your location, or a photo of someplace or an image of your flag or a link to info about your country, but just your location is good enough. I know we had the member map thread, I don't know if it is still being maintained or not but it didn't have a list of locations that you can read.

Alan

Please post even if your location is already listed, it will give us an idea where our currently active members are.

The List:

Afghanistan

Australia
Australia, New South Wales
Australia, Queensland
Australia, Victoria
Australia, Western Australia

Austria
Belgium
Brazil

Canada
Canada, Alberta
Canada, British Columbia
Canada, Manitoba
Canada, New Brunswick
Canada, Newfoundland
Canada, Northwest Territories
Canada, Ontario

Chile

China
China, Beijing
China, Hong Kong

Croatia
Cyprus
Czech Republic, Moravia
Denmark
Estonia
Finland
France

Germany
Germany, Rhineland-Palatinate

Greece
Guatemala
Indonesia
Ireland
Israel
Italy
Japan
Lithuania
Macedonia
Netherlands

New Zealand
New Zealand, Taranaki

Norway
Philippines
Poland
Romania
Russia
Serbia
Singapore
Slovenia
South Africa
Spain
Suriname
Sweden
Switzerland
Trinidad and Tobago
Turkey
United Arab Emirates

United Kingdom
United Kingdom, England
United Kingdom, Scotland

United States
United States, Alabama
United States, Alaska
United States, Arizona
United States, California
United States, Colorado
United States, Connecticut
United States, Florida
United States, Georgia
United States, Idaho
United States, Illinois
United States, Indiana
United States, Iowa
United States, Kansas
United States, Kentucky
United States, Louisiana
United States, Maine
United States, Maryland
United States, Massachusetts
United States, Michigan
United States, Minnesota
United States, Missouri
United States, Nevada
United States, New Hampshire
United States, New Jersey
United States, New Mexico
United States, New York
United States, North Carolina
United States, Ohio
United States, Oklahoma
United States, Oregon
United States, Pennsylvania
United States, Puerto Rico
United States, South Carolina
United States, Tennessee
United States, Texas
United States, Utah
United States, Vermont
United States, Virginia
United States, Washington
United States, West Virginia
United States, Wisconsin
United States, Wyoming

Vietnam

Last edited:
I'm from Singapore
20150726_184502_zps2wocqgko.jpg

Last edited:
Marcuspeh, can you please resize that photo, it makes it impossible to view this thread on a tablet.

Alan

USA :)
I noticed that Mortuus is from Sweden.
There is a member from Holland but it is not in their profile so I will not mention their name.
Nice idea Pi R Squared :beer:
Did you cross reference from the LPM map?

I see you got Croatia covered. There's one other active member from Croatia here as well.

I have a friend from Bosnia who used to be very active on this forum but he moved on to RC and areal photography and isn't an active member anymore.

I also got a few PM's from some folks in Serbia as well, not too many posts though.

Nice idea Pi R Squared :beer:
Did you cross reference from the LPM map?

No I didn't, that's more trouble than it's worth and I think it's also too out of date. I'll just look at the active members and add their locations, but everyone please post your location here anyway.

Alan

Gabe

Huh, looks like you've gotten Alberta, Canada down already :D

I don't understand. Are you starting a new member map, but taking away the MAP part?