Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Core laser

O BTW ATLASNOVA does sell leadlights. His site is abeland1.com. Over at CPF he is recommended.

However, I've never dealt with him, and I'm also still laserless, which adds to my noobism! :mad:. (might get dvd burner today ;))

Aseras

Yes, Atlasnova sells leadlights. Arnold Beland ( the owner ) is a awesome guy to deal with. He sent me some free pointers to test some stuff out. He also has higher powered/overspec leadlights, he doesn't have them on the website, you have to call and ask.

bobblaine said:
I think I'm going to buy my Leadlight from Vital Spirit of ebay.

Probably a good source for a cheap leadlight, but I've heard some bad things about that seller. IE, shipping wrong model leadlights, ones that have already attempted to be modded, etc. If you just want a 5mW, Vital Spirit or a WL Core may be a good idea. Otherwise you probably want to stick to a reputable seller like Arnold at altasnova despite the price difference.

I change my mind. I am getting the WL core. One questtion can I use the core for stargazing, does it produce a visible beam.By visible beam I mean you can see a straight visible green line not dust specs in the air. How long would it take to get the WL core shipped? Does anyone know if the Core comes with the new, cool looking case on its website?

When we see the beam in the night air or any air, it's because of dust and stuff present. Bugs, dust, smoke -- That's what lights up. You can't see a laser beam in a vacuum. No sound either !!!

Mike

Say like during a regular night, In an urban area, how would the beam be? Can I use lithium batteries with the core, would it destroy its tiny MCA, how much of a power(mw) increase can I expect?Some one please answer my question about the case! :'(

S

SenKat

Nobody knows about the cases - all of us that ordered them with the first group got the crappy cardboard box - and were told that we would get the new case if we wanted it when it became available.

S

SenKat

Since the Core is well regulated - I wouldn't expect much of a difference using the Lithium batteries - the MCA is not the key player there, since it is an APC laser, you are only getting so much to the laser anyways, so the Lith's would only really help for longer run times, I would think.

looking at picking one of these up to save carrying around my viper all day. If the core gets broken, not too much of a loss, but wouldn't like to lose my viper :(

Biffter said:
looking at picking one of these up to save carrying around my viper all day. If the core gets broken, not too much of a loss, but wouldn't like to lose my viper :(

Maybe you need to get yourself a viper laser holder lol ;)

;D ;D ;D

Lazergirl said:
[quote author=Biffter link=1180477284/15#27 date=1180976364]looking at picking one of these up to save carrying around my viper all day. If the core gets broken, not too much of a loss, but wouldn't like to lose my viper :(

Maybe you need to get yourself a viper laser holder lol ;)

;D ;D ;D[/quote]
HAHAHA Where can I get me one of those ;) :D ::)