Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Core laser

Is the beam on the WL Core visible at night, and can it be modified to atleaset 20mw? Or should I go with a leadlight?

The beam is visible at night, but I do not believe it can be modded to 20mw if you want to pot mod it go with a lead light.

Does the leadlight have a visible beam at night unmodded?How does the core and leadlight beam compare? Say you pot mod to 20mw, would it be just be like a real 20mw or will it be a little dimmer than a real 20mw? Personally which ones will you get?

the core and the leadlight beam should be identical since their both 5mw. If you modded it to 20 mw and compared it to a real 20mw(can't remember which store) they should also have the same beam. If you know how to mod lasers and are comfortable doing it then i'd go with the lead light, it's cheaper. Otherwise just buy a 20mw. Keep in mind that modding it will shorten the life of the laser.

How much of the lifespan will be taken off(estimated) if modded to 20mw and where should I buy a Leadlight?

bobblaine said:
How much of the lifespan will be taken off(estimated) if modded to 20mw and where should I buy a Leadlight?

I suppose it would depend on how good you are modding lasers, could shorten the life to a few weeks or could shorter the life of the laser 10 mintues.

Kenom

Most reliable place I've found is to buy a leadlight on ebay. I bought mine from the user Vital_spirit. he sells leadlights. Nice price too. I modded my leadlight to put out about 75-100mw but it died after 4 weeks. I don't think it was from the modification that killed it but trying to drive it with the wrong batteries. If you do a small tweak on the pot and not a large one it will still be stable and a long living laser for you putting out about 20mw.

S

SenKat

Leadlight for modding, Core for looks ! That's my vote :p I think I will break down and buy one this week - it will be my first laser form Wicked (for myself) Hmmmmmmmm - maybe we should start a group buy on these - after all, starting at only 10 units, the price goes down....Who wants to organize this ? As long as it works out cheaper than $40.00 that will be cool !

S

SenKat

Cool - I will start a new thread so I don't hijack this one, too !

I am pretty sure that the "core" cannot reasonably be pot modded. :(. Looking at the review Pseudo posted , tha MCA assembly is tiny compared to the leadlight, and I am guessing that increasing the pump power to the assembly, will only destroy the small crystal set. 5mw is pretty much all that it can handle.

Jase

I've seen people sell laser pointer that they say are Leadlights and look exactly look like a Leadlight. But some silver models had a black button and some had a silver button. Which is real? Can I use Lithiums in an unmodded Leadlight? Can I use them in a Leadlight modded to 20mw? What's the difference between the GLP-105 and GLP-110 Leadlight models? WHhich one is better?Are the ones on amazon good?

S

SenKat

Sorry, Bob - just saw your question !

As far as I know, the only "Legit" source for Leadlight is the ebay seller, Vital spirit. The 105 is moddable, whereas the 110 is not as good for modding. I think Atlas Nova also sells leadlights, but never dealt with him, so cannot say for sure.

In all honesty - the only realy way to get a powerful green is to pay for one - you can mod all you want - but after the day is done - the lifetime is shortened VERY much, if not gone completely from one wrong move with the potentionometer. If you love the gamble, great - do it ! If not, then save up for a decent laser - heck, even the DX lasers are cheaper than most leadlights, and will give you more bang for your buck.

Definently go with the Leadlight (I'm a hypocrite ::) although I'm looking to buy a DX 20-30) If you do the pot mod you can easily achieve 20mW and if your willing to do the polarization mod you might be able to get it to 30mW-40mW. Plus, THE CORE's MCA will probably break from overpowering due to the fact that the Leadlight's MCA is atleast 5 times bigger than THE CORE's MCA's small size.

MOD LASER= LEADLIGHT :cool: