Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

cops a knocking at my door

Here in thenetherlands i can lie to a cop whatever i want.
In court i must tell the truth, not against a cop.

If they are $%#&s they could just take anything flashlight like & have there techs decide what it is.

You can ASK to "come in & look around" cough.search.every.inch.cough & I may be inclined to allow it BUT Claim to have LEGAL authority to search & I see the warrant or GTFO. I know the game. Way too many joined for the power trip.

Last edited:

strik3

they were only looking for keychain type lasers. which is how they missed the hotlight. plus i was upfront and said look i have laser parts. they are modules. australian law allows modules so u cant do a damn thing.

WOW Buddy. I cant believe your neighbor would do that.

If I was you i would stay far way from him. Dont make any contact or Try to get him back for this as then he will take it to the next level to get you back.

Or you know what get a restraining order on him. That will be the best thing to do as then if he does something to you you an get him in much more trouble. Or Just drop it and dont even look his way. "Not sure how lose you are to your neighbor".

Be safe.

ixfd64

Police officers in America cannot search your property without your consent unless they have a warrant or probable cause. I'm not familiar with the legal system in Australia, but it would be reasonable to expect a "civilized" country to have similar laws.

Last edited:

strik3

where i live is one house devided into 2. i live on one side he lives on the other. so there is a wall seperating us. i reckon i will contact a lawyer and get some legal advice.

where i live is one house devided into 2. i live on one side he lives on the other. so there is a wall seperating us. i reckon i will contact a lawyer and get some legal advice.

Good Idea. Get Legal advice. That guy is Nuts. That is taking it too far IMO.

Dog shit in a bag lighting it on fire putting it on there door step yea i can see that but calling the COPS and trying to get you into Legal problems is down right disgusting.

Be careful with this guy. If he will take it to this level who knows what he would do.

strik3

ok i will explain what started this.

on our lease agreement it states we can not smoke inside. and i fully agree with this.
however he smokes inside and the smoke comes into my bedroom. now while yes i do smoke. i have sensitive medical equipment a cpap machine cpap machine
and the smoke clogs the filters and gets into the air pump which then gums it up and the machine costs $2500. now i made a call to our land agent and they called him and told him to stop. he didnt so i called again and he has now been issued a form 2 which to put it simply means if he does not stop smoking inside he will get evicted. after he received that he started verbaly abusing me outside on my front lawn so i called the police about it. and i think he is butt hurt over all this.

on our lease agreement it states we can not smoke inside. and i fully agree with this.
however he smokes inside and the smoke comes into my bedroom. now while yes i do smoke. i have sensitive medical equipment a cpap machine cpap machine
and the smoke clogs the filters and gets into the air pump which then gums it up and the machine costs $2500. now i made a call to our land agent and they called him and told him to stop. he didnt so i called again and he has now been issued a form 2 which to put it simply means if he does not stop smoking inside he will get evicted. after he received that he started verbaly abusing me outside on my front lawn so i called the police about it. and i think he is butt hurt over all this.

And that is the reason I will never live in a duplex, condo or apartment.

Well That would do it.

Iam sure you know its better to walk away then get even. If you really want to screw him which he is basically doing to you with verbally abusing you outside and now called the cops on you. The next time you smell smoke call your land lord again and he will be gone. Problem solved.

Have you been there longer then that guy.

Do you know your land lord good.? In other words are you on good terms with him.?

I just see this getting worse.

Even better if you can record smoke coming into your house when he is smoking to prove it to your land lord that would be even better. That will make it much easier for him to get lost.

I hate when people act like this. Especially adults.

Last edited:

strik3

nah iv only been here 6 months. and i think the land lord is getting frustrated with the ammount of times i call him about this problem. and the owner of the property is greek. so u know what that means. lol. i could try and get a hold of the owner and with me being greek aswell it may work to my advantage. as greeks in australia will generaly do anything for money, to protect money or do a favour for a fellow greek.

Police officers in America cannot search your property without your consent unless they have a warrant or probable cause. I'm not familiar with the legal system in Australia, but it would be reasonable to expect a "civilized" country to have similar laws.

Yep. They always ask to search my car when I get pulled over, I always say I dont Consent to a search. Sometimes they get pissed, give me a speeding ticket, or just try asking again.

^ By consent to a search your car, do you mean trunk? As I understand it they can freely search everything except the trunk on any routine stop as it falls under a terry stop.

While they are suppose to have reasonable suspicion for a terry stop just denying a search is suspicious to cops & judges like to give them too much leeway.

Last edited:
You live in the US? They cant search your car, unless they have reason to suspect a crime is in progress or anything is suspicious. Example: A visible weapon, visible narcotics or the smell, you look high or drunk, anything that can be used in a crime is visible, or any other illegal things. (by the way, maybe its different in your state but I dont think so)

YOUR RIGHTS
- You have the right to remain silent. If you wish to exercise that right, say so out loud.
- You have the right to refuse to consent to a search of yourself, your car or your home.
- If you are not under arrest, you have the right to calmly leave.
- You have the right to a lawyer if you are arrested. Ask for one immediately.
- Regardless of your immigration or citizenship status, you have constitutional rights.

"YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Do stay calm and be polite.
- Do not interfere with or obstruct the police.
- Do not lie or give false documents.
- Do prepare yourself and your family in case you are arrested.
- Do remember the details of the encounter.
- Do file a written complaint or call your local ACLU if you feel your rights have been violated."

If the Officer breaks the law, and searches you without possible reason for suspicion, you can use this against them and usually get off the hook. Another thing to keep in mind, if you are pulled over for switching lanes without signaling this is probable cause for suspicion and not a traffic violation (At least in Iowa), you cannot get a ticket and dont have to show the police anything unless they have probable cause for suspicion.

Last edited: