Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Copper 26650 flashlight pre-order from TnC products

I got the host today. I wouldn't doubt it if it weighs close to a pound with a battery and LED module. I'll try to get some pictures posted soon. There's more important things to be done right now since my house sat empty for 5 months.

So I finally got around to taking some pictures. I decided to give mine a polish to see how it looks. It's got some bling to it now. I just posted the thumbnails for a low bandwidth user friendly post.

Fully assembled

Two battery tubes and end cap. The left tube is what the whole thing looked like when I got it. The end cap is before polishing. The other tube is after polishing.

Three other pictures of it disassembled.

Last edited:
That is a very pretty host! It looks very classy when its all polished up and sitting on a nice reflective counter top like that!

I don't know what reflector/pill combo Nailbender uses, does he make his own that fit the pocket nice and snug? I wish someone sold blank drop-in modules like the malkoffs, with the surefire dimensions :undecided:

Although it sounds hackey, I've found that aluminum foil does work wonders for loose fitting drop-ins. Just, with large gaps it takes so long. You will also notice that if you smooth out the foil before wrapping it, you get much less air in the layers. I rewrapped one of my drop-ins in my ultrafire C1, that thing must be an extra 2 or 3 mm wider than surefire! But what 3 layers of finger-flattened foil used to fill took 7 or 8 wraps of smoothed foil. I just take a sturdy plastic card like a license or credit card and smooth it out on a table or other smooth flat surface.