Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Concept Laser

Damien

lilfriend.gif

Idea design for a portable super laser with interchangeable battery pack and scope.

Umm. I'm not trying to be rude but is this a joke. I can't imagine carrying that thing around.

Make it, and show us the real thing please. What do you want us to do with this picture?

Damien

Make it, and show us the real thing please. What do you want us to do with this picture?

I don't have the skill to build it. The image is a photoshop of a hammer drill and scope I've attached. This seem practical for a 1w or better cutter to take exploring.... [away from people]. In terms of carrying it, cordless drills come with a carrying case.

Last edited:
Laser tag entering the 21st century...
Dun dun dunnnnnn...:tinfoil:

Kenom

Uhm, isn't a scope (item used for aiming) kind of redundant on lasers which are an item used for aiming?

Damien ---

Instead of dreaming and posting paintings, why don't you get your act together and learn to build a laser? Many have done it here. Don't tell us why you can't --- make it happen in your life.

2394-co2-10.jpg

HMike

Damien

Damien ---

Instead of dreaming and posting paintings, why don't you get your act together and learn to build a laser? Many have done it here. Don't tell us why you can't --- make it happen in your life.

2394-co2-10.jpg

HMike
Be nice Mike. But where to begin. Buy all the testing equipment, tools, might be easier to find someone that already has the equipment to build. The idea laser for me will be mounted with a video scope to capture distance shots. A 1w laser or better is like a precision cutter, so why wouldn't you mount a scope for lite duty.

Incidentally Mike, nice picture. What is it?

Last edited:
Damien ----

That is my starwarz 20 WATT CO2 laser. Give up on "long range" burning.

I wanted to tempt you into becomming a builder ------- I failed. Sorry

HMike

To be cost effective, I assume that you would be using an 808nm diode for your proposed '1W portable cutting device', which is practically invisible to the human eye, so the scope would be pointless...unless you can see 808nm easily without a camera, which I doubt.

Edit:Whoo, first post in ~2 months...

Damien ----

That is my starwarz 20 WATT CO2 laser. Give up on "long range" burning.

I wanted to tempt you into becoming a builder ------- I failed. Sorry

HMike

It was a worth a try Mike. The whole forum knows we need more experimenters like you. I wish I didn't live in the dorms... I know I'm going to burn something down eventually..

1 Watt -- Long range -- cutting ??? My 20 WATTS with ZnSe lenses has been tested to 35' !!! Almost started a house fire but -- 35' ----
Oh Well -------------- HMike

you want a scope so you can see the dot of your invisible laser? I think I missed something...

Damien

1 Watt -- Long range -- cutting ??? My 20 WATTS with ZnSe lenses has been tested to 35' !!! Almost started a house fire but -- 35' ----
Oh Well -------------- HMike

See there, I would've said 20watt if I knew nothin' :p

Don't give up so soon. This anit rocket science. If I can build it I will. Maybe not a drill laser but something funky for general purposes.

Noooooo.... Typically, a visable laser is used for targeting. It is mostly useless to use a scope because the laser focusing over distance is almost meaningless at the power we have available to us.
Most important is a stable mounting to get a burn started.
HMike

Damien -- I see hope in your last post. Give it a try. You will be amazed at what you can do.

Damien

Noooooo.... Typically, a visable laser is used for targeting. It is mostly useless to use a scope because the laser focusing over distance is almost meaningless at the power we have available to us.
Most important is a stable mounting to get a burn started.
HMike

Damien -- I see hope in your last post. Give it a try. You will be amazed at what you can do.

I see. Your laser is not visible? But how difficult can it be to added color to a 20w touch? Is a laser that powerful focusable?

Never know when you'll need to blow a coconut out of a tree.

Last edited: