Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Computer spec's

WHat kind of liquid cooling system? Custom loop, or one of the already assembled ones? If custom loop no matter what anyone says, silver kill coil and distilled WILL corrode copper and nickel over time. I had to rma 2 ek gtx 570 (copper, not the shotty nickel ones they had) waterblocks because of this. Now EK no longer covers corrosion caused by silver coil as they state you should not use them with there products. I been using ek coolant vs distilled and difference in temp at load is negligable.

edit: if u use premade coolant, go for the clear stuff not the colored stuff. Less likely to gunk up your pump and blocks that way.

Last edited:

xspc raystorm

This block is the best bang/buck block on the market.

If you dont care about the performance ( I just read you will be using a chiller) I have a swiftech block you can have for free if u pay shipping. Will fitt 115x sockets.

Wow, impressive rig!

Does anyone know of a budget waterblock?
I have a water chiller that I want to use as a CPU cooler, I have a small aquarium pump so I'll use that to circulate the water. There's so much room for disaster, but I would like to try it out when I'm not too busy.

Edit: The water should be about 3-5 deg C, should I be worried about condensation?

Last edited:
Huh. Usually AMD is lower than the equivalent Intel CPU, but that's why they're so much cheaper.

I judge equivalent by price not by the release date :beer:

WHat kind of liquid cooling system? Custom loop, or one of the already assembled ones? If custom loop no matter what anyone says, silver kill coil and distilled WILL corrode copper and nickel over time. I had to rma 2 ek gtx 570 (copper, not the shotty nickel ones they had) waterblocks because of this. Now EK no longer covers corrosion caused by silver coil as they state you should not use them with there products. I been using ek coolant vs distilled and difference in temp at load is negligable.

edit: if u use premade coolant, go for the clear stuff not the colored stuff. Less likely to gunk up your pump and blocks that way.

I honestly have no idea, I am getting it from ibuypower because when I priced it out it wasn't all that much different to just have them build it. It looks like this

Last edited:
Reactions: ped

ctr

Here is what I plan on bulding. I actucally wasnt in the market for building a new rig but I just got a deal of life time for a BNIB I7-4930k for 200$ I couldnt pass it up. It has got me motivated to build my rig that I want. I was going to buy a amd fx 8 core series processor for the price but since I got the Intel so cheap I want that route. Im still planning the rest of the build around the chip.
Most likey going with the Asus x79 or sabertooth or even the evga board. ANy ideas on these pros and cons.
LGA2011 mobo's Motherboards LGA2011 Processor Interface at TigerDirect.com

This is the power supply Im going to buy great deal and its a sliver rating.
Ultra X4 Modular 1050-Watt ATX Power Supply V2 - 1050W, 135mm Fan, ATX, 80+ Silver, Active PFC, Nvidia SLI, ATI Crossfire X, Vibration Dampener Included, 3-Year Warranty at TigerDirect.com

Not sure about ram yet but prob 16 gig for sure. and a 770 or 780 graphics card.
Going to build a custom water cooled setup .
Let me know what you guys think

Just remember, the more ram you have the more ram windows 7 will use at idle, so its not really a good measurement.

On my 48gb it sits at idle usage around 3-5gb last time I checked.