Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

Computer Problem

Ears and Eggs

Super Moderator
Staff member
Sorry about not posting any updates, was at work all day yesterday. Not sure exactly what I had done with the MBR2GPT tool but I think I misread the guide and screwed it up. Since I already had all my files backed up, I decided to just reinstall Windows 10 from scratch with the PC already set to UEFI mode.

So far so good. I have't had any of those weird pre-startup problems again.

Last edited:

Rivem

Sorry about not posting any updates, was at work all day yesterday. Not sure exactly what I had done with the MBR2GPT tool but I think I misread the guide and screwed it up. Since I already had all my files backed up, I decided to just reinstall Windows 10 from scratch with the PC already set to UEFI mode.

So far so good. I have't had any of those weird pre-startup problems again.

Yeah. That's usually what I default to when I can since it tends to work a bit better. Hopefully it works out well with the GPU.

Last edited:

diachi

Yeah. That's usually what I default to when I can since it tends to work a bit better. Hopefuully it works out well with the GPU.

Hell of a lot quicker (and less frustrating) than troubleshooting the issue sometimes too. :beer:

Last edited: