Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Combining 4 GH04W10A2GC diodes

HMMM...I have a special Dichro from Germany....planned for combing (2) PBS's @ 450 and (2) PBS's @ 465. Just not enough time to build it !!!
I also want Colinear !!! Beam-on-Beam !!! My excuse is now waiting on "No Ball/No Can " 465's to become available again !!! Just another project in a LONG que !!
CDB

Those dichros for combining 450+465 were from Live Lasersystems in Austria. The funny thing was that it was also able to combine 410+450nm but only having single mode BDR209 at those times I stopped to experiment in this way.

They were selling cheap 635+660nm combining dichros (with 30º incidence angle or like) as well but I did not see much sense in it exactly because of low perceived brightness of 660.

Not sure if we will see N465 again. But one day when we will find 410nm version of NUBM44 (with similar power and divergence) this dichro may be of use again...

Yes....and the Specialty Dichros are $$$ !! But then.....If one wants Colinear....Pay Up !!!

There is a current thread open on 4.75W @ 465nm....A feeler on who wants !!! We shall see !!!
But...410nm....well...a beautiful line....but then....we pay the price in Perceived Brightness at this line !!!

I wonder if binned 044E could be bought ….and would work ???? Would the Live Lasersystems Dichro work with 445nm and 455nm ???? Dunno ???
Cost of binned units...HMMM....25% premium ??? Or....am I dreaming !!!....maybe 100% upcharge !!!

Anyway.....back to my many builds !!!

CDBEAM

HMMMM.....Well Paul...A BIG MAYBE !!! Yikes....I have three Builds in progress....and a forth draw up !!! BUT...a true 20W out the front door....and all four (4) beams Colinear....Beam-on-Beam-on-Beam-on-Beam...YEA !!!!! THAT will be a FIRST !!! ….I will PM you !!!....and or start a new thread !!! Sorry for the Hijack SG !! One things just leads to another !!!
CDBEAM

I know you are very busy with all these builds. I just thought I'd offer since you brought it up. Good luck. I'll be looking for these when you finish.

Oh No Paul...TOO Late....You already have...er...ah..." Lite the Fuse " !!! No reason I cannot/will not run a 4th or 5th concurrent build !! Likely a good idea since it takes me so long to complete anything !!!
This Quad Blue build...AKA...." The Blue Katar " has been on the back burner for some time. Honestly....it would be my most complicated and expensive build ever !! ...and... I am....intimidated !! If I can do it with binned 044 diodes....GREAT !!! Less expensive and available !!!! Later !! CDB

Attachments

• BK-General Arrangment-V3.JPG
    BK-General Arrangment-V3.JPG
    302.7 KB · Views: 8

kecked

Bob bring them to selem. I’ll have an ocean optics unit with me. Anyone else is also welcome.

Well....Thanx Marc.....But....I currently have NO NUBM044-V2 diodes. Hmmm...at $ 80 a pop.....this would be prohibitive to get 10 or 20 to bin thru.

The only option would be to pay Jordan to go thru them..... and ...well....Would he/ Could he do this ??? Dunno….Kinda doubt it !!! It is a lot of to ask....and a lot of time consuming work. Also....can we get sufficient nm spread to allow the special Dichro to work ??????

I fear the only option is to either use the Ball lens 465nm....or wait for more Non-ball 465nm to hit the market....and....who knows how long that wait may be ????

I seem to remember....some member has experimented with adding an additional Colli lens to achieve perfect infinity focus ??? Any comments anyone ???
Thanx,
Bob

Last edited: