Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Collection of Laser Die/Emitter Photos

If I were home I'd add to the thread, have a nice zoom scope but many thousands of miles away! Great thread, will be looking every time someone posts. I'm wondering why there is a dark spot in the middle of the emitter in the photo RCB posted, can a camera over saturate to the point of making black?

My microscope is also giving me some dark+yellow spot at the brightest point of laser being shot at. maybe it's really oversaturate the cam sensor, giving negative ADC :crackup:

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
If I were home I'd add to the thread, have a nice zoom scope but many thousands of miles away! Great thread, will be looking every time someone posts. I'm wondering why there is a dark spot in the middle of the emitter in the photo RCB posted, can a camera over saturate to the point of making black?

I was wondering about that myself, it looks like you can see it in the last two photos; I'm sure someone can tell us. :thinking:

YES, the black spot is the super intense spot, just like my older security cameras would black out a round spot where the sun rises or sets across their view, the new ones seem to be able to take the sun but they are wide angle.

If you have one of these little microscope cams it's just a 2 mega pixel CCD with a short distance lens and you will see it do the same, but if you shoot a laser into it you can kill it, going black spot is where it's overdriven but typically not damaged.

My new security cams can take looking into the sun and my HH cam seems to be able to take it although it makes a line where overdriven by the diode.

57659d1506343742-collection-laser-die-emitter-photos-sany1557.jpg

57660d1506343742-collection-laser-die-emitter-photos-sany1549.jpg

Attachments

• SANY1557.JPG
    SANY1557.JPG
    196.1 KB · Views: 112
  • SANY1549.JPG
    SANY1549.JPG
    174.5 KB · Views: 117
Last edited:
All these great photos is tempting me to break out my 500X one and see what I can capture. I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow and a surgery in a week after that. I'll see what I can do. This is a very cool thread. :yh:

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
Best of luck Paul for tomorrow. And especially for your surgery not long afterwards. :beer:

Thanks, Curtis. I am not looking forward to this at all. The closer it gets, the more anxious I become. They do a lousy job of pain control these days, and the last surgery I had left me with a larger open wound than the tiny one I had when I went in. Damn!

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
Thanks, Curtis. I am not looking forward to this at all. The closer it gets, the more anxious I become. They do a lousy job of pain control these days, and the last surgery I had left me with a larger open wound than the tiny one I had when I went in. Damn!

That doesn't sound great at all. Although, easy for me to say I know, try not to get yourself too worked up over it. Anxiety is not great either. I hope for the best for you Paul. :can:

I'm not. It looks like I might be out of business for three weeks according to my doctor today. I may have to go into a nursing home, but I hope not. Thanks for the best wishes.

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
I'm not. It looks like I might be out of business for three weeks according to my doctor today. I may have to go into a nursing home, but I hope not. Thanks for the best wishes.

Three weeks is quite a while. And I hope not to the nursing home as well. Anyway, you're welcome. :) Like I said, you many on here wishing you well. :can:

Last edited: