Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

CNI vs. DL, a tough decision for 589nm.

Davidx

A little off topic. Just a thumbs up to DL. Ordered about 10 days ago. Today in Ca. It arrived. 450 blue and green 532 vipers. Beautiful hosts. Both way over spec according to Laserbee AX. My 2 cents

A little off topic. Just a thumbs up to DL. Ordered about 10 days ago. Today in Ca. It arrived. 450 blue and green 532 vipers. Beautiful hosts. Both way over spec according to Laserbee AX. My 2 cents

Good to hear David! It's good to hear they arrived to you safely and without any problems! :wave:

Thing is, both those wavelengths are A LOT more stable then 589nm so you can't really compare 450 & 532(which are pretty wavelengths nonetheless). I don't think people will order more 589's from DL for now until reliable units are being shipped IMO.

-Alex

GR3EN

Good to hear David! It's good to hear they arrived to you safely and without any problems! :wave:

Thing is, both those wavelengths are A LOT more stable then 589nm so you can't really compare 450 & 532(which are pretty wavelengths nonetheless). I don't think people will order more 589's from DL for now until reliable units are being shipped IMO.

-Alex

My laserbee is on its way so we can see how my recent one fairs. Should be here next week.

Ive been researching yellow lasers for a while and finally found this thread when i came to the conclusion DL and CNI are my only options at the moment for ~50mW or more. I see so many happy folks with their DL but almost the same amount unhappy with under spec lasers. I have really found any bad reviews for CNI also I'm sure there are some out there. I just made a huge purchase with Sanwu lasers so spending $900 is just way out of my reach for now but I read a few people have done some group buy's for 80mW 589 lasers from CNI with a 10pc minimum. The price drop for a GB ($525+shipping) is what caught my attention :drool: but Im still newer to the forum and don't have much of a back ground here. If anyone decides to make a group buy from CNI and Paypal is okay, put my name down cuz Im in!

From what I've read on here CNI consistency has fallen off with the 589nm modules. This was in late 2014 if I remember. If you have the money to burn and adaptable expectations it's a great wavelength to have. Unstable and beautiful. Those are the results I got.

From what I've read on here CNI consistency has fallen off with the 589nm modules. This was in late 2014 if I remember. If you have the money to burn and adaptable expectations it's a great wavelength to have. Unstable and beautiful. Those are the results I got.

Yea, I'm trying to be respectful and not open any new threads if I can maybe find the answer in an old thread. That being said I know things change over time and there is some solid evidence here on a few companies that used to sell quality lasers that took a dive and caused more than a few headaches for some long time posters.
Ill have to take this into consideration and see if I can get more folks with recent experience on their 589 purchases to weigh in. Maybe then I can find out who is offering a higher quality quality product at this time. Also, :cryyy: I don't have an LMP since I'm just now starting my collection and wont even be able to est my purchases for a while.
Thanks for the insight dden0412! Maybe DL will do a group buy lol :horse:

Well I just got a reply from CNI:

"Dear Sir/Madam,
Thanks for your email, it is my great honor to provide you service.
Now we dont sell portable laser to US.
Please help to confirm if you will consider Lab type laser?
Your reply is very appreciated!
Best regards,
Your Friend Ava Zheng

Sales Manager(Asia-Pacific)
SKYPE ID: cnisale"

So I guess that answers the question Ive had for some time now. DL is my(our) only option for a chance at a high output 589 for a decent price... at least for now and that I know of.

Encap

Ive been researching yellow lasers for a while and finally found this thread when i came to the conclusion DL and CNI are my only options at the moment for ~50mW or more. I see so many happy folks with their DL but almost the same amount unhappy with under spec lasers. I have really found any bad reviews for CNI also I'm sure there are some out there. I just made a huge purchase with Sanwu lasers so spending $900 is just way out of my reach for now but I read a few people have done some group buy's for 80mW 589 lasers from CNI with a 10pc minimum. The price drop for a GB ($525+shipping) is what caught my attention :drool: but Im still newer to the forum and don't have much of a back ground here. If anyone decides to make a group buy from CNI and Paypal is okay, put my name down cuz Im in!

Necroposting on dead threads is frowned on at LPF--this thread and the other one you posted on about the same thing were last responded to 2 years ago.

Study up, get current, learn a bit and just make a single new thread and ask whatever question or post whatever comment. You will get an answer in due course.

If you were not new and waiting for some Sanwu lasers I would guess you were troll posting nonsense comments/questions about posts 2 years old. You clearly do not not understand what you are daydreaming/talking about.

A. CNI is the only manufacturer that make 589nm hand held lasers and modules for them.

B. CNI will not ship any pointers or hand held laser to the USA .
CNI News:" ■ Sep. 30th, 2015 CNI officially announced that laser pointer and portable laser series products for SLA purpose would be no longer exported to the U.S. from Oct 1st, 2015. The incoming SLA orders from American customers will be rejected. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience caused!" See: New release,Q-switched green laser, infrared laser,high power green blue and red laser.

C. Dragon Lasers does not make anything --they are just a retail reseller of CNI lasers--they are not even one of CNI's 23 international distributors. They order from CNI and retail resell CNI products within China.

PS Do you even have a laser of any kind yet?

Well I just got a reply from CNI:

"Dear Sir/Madam,
Thanks for your email, it is my great honor to provide you service.
Now we dont sell portable laser to US.
Please help to confirm if you will consider Lab type laser?
Your reply is very appreciated!
Best regards,
Your Friend Ava Zheng

Sales Manager(Asia-Pacific)
SKYPE ID: cnisale"

So I guess that answers the question Ive had for some time now. DL is my(our) only option for a chance at a high output 589 for a decent price... at least for now and that I know of.

There you go, enlightening strikes----reality!.

Post some pictures and comments when you receive the Sanwu lasers---good luck and enjoy LPF.

Last edited:
Necroposting on dead threads is frowned on at LPF--this thread and the other one you posted on about the same thing were last responded to 2 years ago.

Just make a single new thread and ask whatever question or post whatever comment.

If you were not new I would guess you were troll posting nonsense comments/questions about posts 2 years old. You clearly do not not understand what you are talking about.

A. CNI is the only manufacturer that make 589nm hand held lasers and modules for them.

B. CNI will not ship any pointers or hand held laser to the USA .
CNI News:" ■ Sep. 30th, 2015 CNI officially announced that laser pointer and portable laser series products for SLA purpose would be no longer exported to the U.S. from Oct 1st, 2015. The incoming SLA orders from American customers will be rejected. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience caused!" See: New release,Q-switched green laser, infrared laser,high power green blue and red laser.

C. Dragon Lasers does not make anything --they are just a retail reseller of CNI lasers--they are not even one of CNI 23 international distributors. They order from CNI and retail resell CNI products within China.

PS Do you even have a laser of any kind yet?

Yea I'm still trying to find the happy medium when it comes to not creating a new thread if the topic had been discussed in other threads but if my question wasn't fully answered or I have a question in regards to something in the thread to post there or not... I also haven't been able to learn to properly navigate the forum yet since i just couple weeks before finals which I'm currently cramming for. The search feature tends to bring up old threads not so much new at least under the topics Ive been reading through.
Currently I only have a set of cheap eBay lasers 5mW 405nm, 5mW 532nm
, and a 5mW 668nm all for 8 Bucks.
Im waiting for my order from Sanwu to come in. I have a 1W 405nm Saber Style Spiker, 4W 465nm Spiker, 1W 520nm Spiker, 1W 635nm Saber Style Spiker, and one of his 100mW 532nm pointers and a few pairs of Eagle Pair eye protection from survival lasers. Looking to add a 589 soon. I was holding off on starting a laser collection because tuition but I'm graduating this year so this is a treat to myself. Just a few months ago I still though Wicked Lasers were the strongest in the world but after I found out most of the companies quit shipping here I found this forum and started learning as much as I can. I guess the CNI update slipped buy but thank you. I actually got an email from them not too long ago. Im still on the market for a LMP too but I'm still trying to work out what will suit me best at a decent price.

Encap

Yea I'm still trying to find the happy medium when it comes to not creating a new thread if the topic had been discussed in other threads but if my question wasn't fully answered or I have a question in regards to something in the thread to post there or not... I also haven't been able to learn to properly navigate the forum yet since i just couple weeks before finals which I'm currently cramming for. The search feature tends to bring up old threads not so much new at least under the topics Ive been reading through.
Im waiting for my order from Sanwu to come in. I have a 1W 405nm Saber Style Spiker, 4W 465nm Spiker, 1W 520nm Spiker, 1W 635nm Saber Style Spiker, and one of his 100mW 532nm pointers and a few pairs of Eagle Pair eye protection from survival lasers. Looking to add a 589 soon. I was holding off on starting a laser collection because tuition but I'm graduating this year so this is a treat to myself. Just a few months ago I still though Wicked Lasers were the strongest in the world but after I found out most of the companies quit shipping here I found this forum and started learning as much as I can. I guess the CNI update slipped buy but thank you. I actually got an email from them not too long ago. Im still on the market for a LMP too but I'm still trying to work out what will suit me best at a decent price.

NIce treat you bought for youself!
Be very careful with them--accidents causing permanent occular damage happen very fast--faster than reaction time needed to mitigate them--in less time than the blink relfex of 0.25 seconds, alot less. There is no possiblility of correcting if one is in progress. So use the lasers goggles and proper safety procedures. Laser beams and light behave differently than you might imagine--things not normally reflective can become dangerous hazards and so on. Takes time and experience to learn/know what they do and how they handle them.

Last edited:

Razako

Woah, nice stuff you've got coming:eg:
Be sure to share some pics once they arrive.

Woah, nice stuff you've got coming:eg:
Be sure to share some pics once they arrive.

:thanks: Thank you! I cant wait and I sure will. Off the top of your head have any recommendations on an affordable LPM? I saw a thread withsomeone selling some more affordable Hyperion models but there was more information than I could look into at the moment. Just want to make sure Im buying something that suits a wide range of power outputs. That and Im fighting myself on buying the DL 589 right now without the LPM to test it when it arrives. Id hate to spend that in a under performing laser :confused:

Razako

:thanks: Thank you! I cant wait and I sure will. Off the top of your head have any recommendations on an affordable LPM? I saw a thread withsomeone selling some more affordable Hyperion models but there was more information than I could look into at the moment. Just want to make sure Im buying something that suits a wide range of power outputs. That and Im fighting myself on buying the DL 589 right now without the LPM to test it when it arrives. Id hate to spend that in a under performing laser :confused:
Define 'affordable LPM'. The laserbee LPM's tend to be the cheapest you can find. Bear in mind that LPMs can also be somewhat of a curse sometimes. You might see that your favorite laser is like 5% underspec and then be unhappy, whereas normally you would be just fine with it. If you're worried about the Spartan being underspec in particular, you could also look for a trusted middleman here with a LPM to measure it for you and then ship it to you after verifying there are no issues.

Define 'affordable LPM'. The laserbee LPM's tend to be the cheapest you can find. Bear in mind that LPMs can also be somewhat of a curse sometimes. You might see that your favorite laser is like 5% underspec and then be unhappy, whereas normally you would be just fine with it. If you're worried about the Spartan being underspec in particular, you could also look for a trusted middleman here with a LPM to measure it for you and then ship it to you after verifying there are no issues.

:thinking: I guess I should have mentioned I did a short search and found a ranger of meters from a couple hundred to a couple thousand for meters. Id like to find a well rounded meter than can work with range of lasers and output levels without setting my wallet on fire. I saw Astralis is selling some meters here on the forum and folks seem pretty happy with them and since they can handle up to 20W for $150 and includes everything.... from what I can tell. I'm pretty sure that's my best bet but I'm still no 100% sure yet.
I agree with you also about not having one all together to not disappoint myself if a laser isn't performing like it should :D Ive noticed there are some pretty cool trust worthy folks here on the board. I may have to find one of these trusted folks and find out if they would be kind enough to test my laser('s) in the future.

Update* I couldn't help myself and ordered a DL 589 this morning :san:
Cant wait for it to show up!