Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

CNI vs. DL, a tough decision for 589nm.

GR3EN

I took the gamble and purchased a DL spartan 50mw a few days ago after seeing how GR3EN was satisfied about his. Also, I have only seen two people receive underspeced units, of which one was back in 2011.

I'll keep you updated.

Will be excited to see what you get. If all goes well I will be ordering a lpm Friday so I can have some results as to what mine is putting out.

gozert

Will be excited to see what you get. If all goes well I will be ordering a lpm Friday so I can have some results as to what mine is putting out.

Any estimates on the output? I usually compare to my other lasers for a decently accurate output.

Just a pic in between....

To keep everyone calm :p and there minds off yellow/orange ^^

nUtrbiV.jpg

Diff grating in use :)

Last edited:

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Last edited:
After the most recent replies I got from DL I would never give that company my money.

Last edited:
Any chance you could paraphrase; I was going to take a gamble on a 589 but now reluctant :undecided:

Sure. Im not trashing the companies products just Adams arrogant "how dare you question me" attitude. I wrote some to the point but polite emails with concerns of the reported way under spec 589s from him that the buyers ended up getting really screwed and his replies were totally patronizing and rude. He also refuses to stand behind the products advertised power. That was pretty surprising. In short the guys attitude sucks and I would never give any company my money that won't stand behind there products.

Sure. Im not trashing the companies products just Adams arrogant "how dare you question me" attitude. I wrote some to the point but polite emails with concerns of the reported way under spec 589s from him that the buyers ended up getting really screwed and his replies were totally patronizing and rude. He also refuses to stand behind the products advertised power. That was pretty surprising. In short the guys attitude sucks and I would never give any company my money that won't stand behind there products.

A company that dosen't stand behind their products & is rude to customers deserves one thing only, to go out of business ASAP.

-Alex

Any chance you could paraphrase; I was going to take a gamble on a 589 but now reluctant :undecided:

Hi Steve,
Just wanted to let you know in case you weren't aware we have a GB going for CNI PGL-III-589 80mW. They normally retail for $900 with international shipping but with the group buy would cost you about $675. So a couple hundred more dollars than the DL but 30mW more power that is guaranteed by CNI unlike DL that wont give you this.

SteveT

Hi Steve,
Just wanted to let you know in case you weren't aware we have a GB going for CNI PGL-III-589 80mW. They normally retail for $900 with international shipping but with the group buy would cost you about $675. So a couple hundred more dollars than the DL but 30mW more power that is guaranteed by CNI unlike DL that wont give you this.

Thanks nw, I will certainly bear this in mind, appreciate the info.

Shame yellow lasers are so expensive, even with a discount its still over 500$ thats just too much for a unstable laser i guess yellow lasers will never be mass produced like 532 right ?

Shame yellow lasers are so expensive, even with a discount its still over 500$ thats just too much for a unstable laser i guess yellow lasers will never be mass produced like 532 right ?

From what I have learned they're very inefficient and only 3% for 589. Compared to 30% for 532. And I believe it's a bit more complicated than just frequency doubling as with 532. I see 589's is kind of a high maintenance complicated girlfriend that's super hot. Lol. It's more amazing that we even have them available at all.