Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

CNI Fedex Shipment "Updated"

Hi

EDIT: Look at post #11 for Update

Today i woke up early waiting for a call from fedex to deliver my CNI GLP-589, i opened the tracking page and oh clearance delay, i got headache instead so i went to continue my sleeping.

while i was asleep i got text message from fedex asking to call them, i called them later at night, the man at phone told me they are waiting for a message from DPS and asked me to call them tomorrow morning.
What is DPS? the man at phone himself don't know what is it :wtf:
BTW Im in UAE
I used TNT 2 times before for ordering from NOVAlasers as well for S-KY laser and DHL for O-like, EMS for DL and nothing of this sh*t happened, they all cost <$50 and took less than 3 days to arrive, not to mention ~60 laser via normal airmail

quite disappointing for $65 huh?
fed.png

Last edited:

JLSE

Re: Fedex Shipping

Not sure if this is related, but maybe something to do with customs??

"According to the New Mexico Department of Public Safety, a FedEx truck emanating high-level gamma rays triggered alarms as it passed through DPS radiological monitors at the port of entry in Anthony, NM. The National Nuclear Security Administration—an agency within the US Department of Energy charged with promoting nuclear safety—just happened to be on site training DPS to detect radioactive materials. "

link > Radiation Therapy

found by googling 'fedex DPS'

Lasers fall under radiological devices, perhaps DPS is some division that is on laser watch..

DPS is a common abbreviation for "Department of Public Safety"

Not sure if this is related, but maybe something to do with customs??

"According to the New Mexico Department of Public Safety, a FedEx truck emanating high-level gamma rays triggered alarms as it passed through DPS radiological monitors at the port of entry in Anthony, NM. The National Nuclear Security Administration—an agency within the US Department of Energy charged with promoting nuclear safety—just happened to be on site training DPS to detect radioactive materials. "

link > Radiation Therapy

found by googling 'fedex DPS'

Lasers fall under radiological devices, perhaps DPS is some division that is on laser watch..

but the laser body itself is not radioactive

DPS is a common abbreviation for "Department of Public Safety"

I think that is it

It's also a Shipping company in Dubai IIRC

I can find only Delhi Private School on google, fedex use their own trucks to deliver though

anyway i'll tell you tomorrow what is going on

I got a call from customs, they asked me to go to the fedex office and get some papers and go to the police or some thing like that :eek: WTF, i don't have the time to do all this, i have work

Later i had this conversation with their online chat

GoToAssist (15:37:01):
Your representative has arrived.
FedEx Express ME 03 (15:37:09):
hello
Mohd (15:37:17):
Hi
Mohd (15:37:24):
I wanr to ask about ***********
Mohd (15:37:52):
want*
Mohd (15:38:41):
???????/
FedEx Express ME 03 (15:39:25):
sure just a moment
Mohd (15:42:10):
do you realize that i cant wait 5 minutes to get a single replay from you?
Mohd (15:43:38):
i'm mad now
Mohd (15:43:47):
DAMN FEDEX TO HELL
Mohd (15:44:07):
GET BACK MY $65 I PAID FOR YOUR CRAPPY SHIPPING
Mohd (15:44:12):
I GOT NOTHING
Mohd (15:44:31):
TNT ALL THE WAY TO GO WITH
Mohd (15:45:14):
THANKS FOR LOSING ME $400 AND MUCH OF MY TIME
FedEx Express ME 03 (15:46:01):
ok sir regarding this shipment you called our toll free today to spk to the customs inspector correct
Mohd (15:46:49):
that was my brother (it was me but i told him it was my brother)
FedEx Express ME 03 (15:46:59):
oh ok
FedEx Express ME 03 (15:47:22):
now basically to clear this shipment dps approval is needed (dept. of protective systoms )
Mohd (15:48:00):
i don't have the time to do this
FedEx Express ME 03 (15:49:14):
well i am sorry but this is needed by customs
Mohd (15:49:39):
that was not needed when i imported the same thing using TNT and DHL, why it's just fedex?
FedEx Express ME 03 (15:51:15):
i dont know about the clearence procedures of the other companies but as per the dubai customs thissi needed
FedEx Express ME 03 (15:51:46):
you can goto fedex office in dubai airport terminal 2 and meet the customs inspector
Mohd (15:52:27):
what will happen if i just leave it?
FedEx Express ME 03 (15:53:16):
im not sure about that , it is upto dubai customs to decide
Mohd (15:54:07):
can it be returned to the sender?
FedEx Express ME 03 (15:57:12):
i think no as to return it back to the sender also they need to see you , this was informed to your brother today morning as well
Mohd (15:58:14):
please don't call me again, i don't have more time to waste on this, you can do whatever you want to the package, i don't want it
FedEx Express ME 03 (15:58:44):
ok sir i will inform the concerned department
FedEx Express ME 03 (15:58:51):
thak you for contacting fedex
FedEx Express ME 03 (15:58:54):
and havea nice day
Mohd (15:59:16):
thanks to fedex for wating my time
Mohd (15:59:24):
and thanks to you very much
Mohd (15:59:46):
bye

A week ago i got a call from customs after i told fedex that i don't want that shipment, they told me i must come to them even if i don't want it or i will be in the blacklist :wtf:

I keept asking them why do they want me to come to their office but they refused to tell me anything.

I started to search in DPS site and found this:
Sale, display or import prohibited equipment without obtaining a licence
the fine of this is $2700 :eek: i can pay it but i'll feel sick forever.

I went to fedex chat and i tried to explain about it's only 2mW and how safe is it comparing it to green lasers, he didn't understand anything at all, then i started blaming fedex for what happened and told him it will be a nice story on the internet, i just said that hoping fedex will do something.

after i closed the chat i got a call from fedex offering me :
1- return the shipment for $130, but Mr. customs should accept first and i must pay cash at fedex office
2- Send a fax to customs asking for shipment destroying/confiscation

i choosed option 2, i don't know what changed their decision that fast, it may be the "internet story", who know :whistle:

in the same day my brother told me his friend know someone who work at customs, he took the shipment number and said it should be in my hands after the Eid holiday, next day the tracking changed to Int'l shipment release after it was Paperwork available for non-FedEx broker, but that was only for 1 day then it changed back to Paperwork available.....

since then i haven't got any annoying calls from customs/fedex

912201090850pm.png

the holiday is over and hopefully i get it this week

Last edited: