Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Clueless, violet gift for my father.

Have you looked at the other Sanwu models? Striker is a hefty laser that does not look like anything from the dollar store 😅comes in 405 and is within your price range

Alright, aside from the color jabs, he does have experience with lasers, but how much I have no clue. If the laser presents more along the lines of VIOLET (🙄haha) I am open to suggestions... I checked out the sanwu lasers but they kind of look like the stubby ones you get at the dollar store, not to knock them. I was looking for something a little bigger... if you guys want to school me about lasers I’m all game to know what I’m buying for him, but it’d be rad to keep under 400 please hah. Thank you all so far for suggestions and recommendations thus far!
Of course you've heard the expression "don't judge a book by its cover"? The same goes for Sanwu products. How frickin big should they be? Check the specs again. You've been schooled.

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
Alright, aside from the color jabs, he does have experience with lasers, but how much I have no clue. If the laser presents more along the lines of VIOLET (🙄haha) I am open to suggestions... I checked out the sanwu lasers but they kind of look like the stubby ones you get at the dollar store, not to knock them. I was looking for something a little bigger... if you guys want to school me about lasers I’m all game to know what I’m buying for him, but it’d be rad to keep under 400 please hah. Thank you all so far for suggestions and recommendations thus far!
The reason why I gave you pockets is because of this:

...Durable and somewhat pocket sized would also be nifty, as he would probably take it camping and on trails. Purple is his favorite color, please help? Price around 200-400... don’t want something to blow up on him, ya know?

rvrh3

Lol you cannot get lasers like the Sanwu at the dollar store at all, not even close. They are very well crafted stainless steel pieces. But if you want something bigger and with a more fancy host than the Pocket series, Sanwu also has those (did you look at their site?). You had mentioned you wanted something pocket sized. And again, there is also Jetlasers. Did you even look at those companies that were recommended to you??

In all fairness, Sanwu does sell the cheap 532nm green lasers offered everywhere on eBay for $6.00 each, but at a much higher price. No difference in the product, though.

Encap

If you want to consider larger size, be sure to check out the JetLasers PL-E Pro and PL-E Mini they are both available in 405nm if you have to have that and in 445nm and several other wavelengths also. Any of them would be a nice quality gift.
You can't go wrong with Jetlasers they are a high quality lasers manufactured by JetLasers, substantial, and have some unique features like internal focusing mechanism, code switch or mechanical switch options, can be run by external AC adapter and so on + their customer service is the best and always available to answer any questions both before and after a sale as well as resolve any problems as quickly as possible - they really do want only happy customers and work to make that the case.

See: https://www.jetlasers.org/index.php?id_category=15&controller=category

Hi,
There. are 405nm diodes out here that can do 2W's . I made a few up to 1700mW's I keep them under 2w's for long life . Remember we run these diode way out of what they were originally intended for . Custom host or a flashlight modded host both are great. Hope you find something for him.
And here is a 532 custom I made not as cheap as the online cheapies but way different . And have top of the line components not Chinese parts. Made here in the USA ..
Rich:)IMG_4806.JPGIMG_4884.JPG

Last edited:

Encap

Other than commercially available lasers, having Lifetime17 make one of his high quality handhelds for you is a great choice.
Maybe PM him with size and type you are imagining and see what he can put together for you in the time for you to use as a gift.
Lifetime makes excellent lasers at reasonable prices and stands behind his work.

Have a look at the LPF Buy, Sell, Trade subforum ---member trinh hong phuoc has several excellent builds for sale also

Last edited: