Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

closed

Re: FS:  custom lasers $220.00

now i know what others have been telling me but i didnt listen.

Im a scammer for not wanting sub-par goods from you.

Here is how its going to work. You will process the refund. THEN I will send it back. I dont trust that you will refund my money even if you get your crap back.

-------------

one thing i noticed while inspecting it after it died...

Did you use arctic silver as the thermal paste?

did you know its conductive and the pins (all of them) should not have been slathered in it?

whether thats the reason it died i dont know. just an observation.

-------------

Time is running out .. 3 hours and 30 minutes left...

jake21

another pm from  Arenared

your time is running out... you have 3 hours 30 minutes. ::)

you dont read do you?

AFTER IT BROKE, i unscrewed the top of the kryton to inspect it..

how can it break from that?

dont you have any faith in your builds?

when did i ask you , " how do i open this thing"

are you resorting to lying now?

jake21

[highlight]one thing i noticed while inspecting it after it died... [/highlight]

if it dies or not u should not open it up that voids the warranty for any laser how do i no that u did not brake it by opening it up and taking a peak  :-?

you just lost another half hour by acting stupid.

your down to 3 hours.

Arenared said:
you just lost another half hour by acting stupid.

your down to 3 hours.
Ship it back to jake, he will refund you. If you attempt a charge back he will file a fraud alert on you...
-Greg

jake21

act stupid ur acting like a lil kid u just cant let me fix it ::)

jake21

[highlight]Ship it back to jake, he will refund you. If you attempt a charge back he will file a fraud alert on you...
-Greg [/highlight]

let him do a chargeback ill fight it  ;)

so im down to 0.00 hours ;D

jake21 said:
[highlight]Ship it back to jake, he will refund you. If you attempt a charge back he will file a fraud alert on you...
-Greg [/highlight]

let him do a chargeback ill fight it  ;)

so im down to 0.00 hours  ;D
The fact that Daguin inspected it means that it was well working until the laser moved to someone else, Why the laser didnt break on daguin??? He obviously did something that broke it!.

I highly doubt he has the competence to fulfill that.

I will ship his items back once i get my refund.

Jake, Allen, Jacob or whatever your name is ..

You can try to fight it all you want and file what you want, put up your little comments etc..

Time is running out and i dont know why your procrastinating..

process the refund , get it out of the way , or would you rather drag this on?

[highlight]The fact that Daguin inspected it means that it was well working until the laser moved to someone else, Why the laser didnt break on daguin??? He obviously did something that broke it![/highlight].

I dont dispute that it was working when i got it.. I dont know why you would want to make that a point.. ive said that 2 or three times already.

if pressing the tail clicky button in the back to turn it off or on breaks it then yes obviously i did do something to break it..

Sorry Jake , time is up ..

Arenared said:
I highly doubt he has the competence to fulfill that.

I will ship his items back once i get my refund.

Jake, Allen, Jacob or whatever your name is ..

You can try to fight it all you want and file what you want, put up your little comments etc..

Time is running out and i dont know why your procrastinating..

process the refund , get it out of the way , or would you rather drag this on?
Im pretty sure he will win the dispute, as the product went to someone else, Daguin tested it...
Jake offerred a repair, a refund... Why you refuse to ship it back?... Its not like he's running away...
-Greg

Greg ,

You haven't dealt with him , or purchased a laser from him have you? If you had and it mysteriously broke and it was your fault, then you'd know.

the chargeback dispute doesnt look at the factors of why the laser isnt working..

daguin

Welcome to American Business 101

I did not write down the dates so the time frames may be a bit off.

Both Arenared and Jake contacted me about being the middle man for this sale
Jake shipped the laser and optics to me quickly
It was packaged well
I tested the laser's output.  It was putting out ~210mW.  I tested it twice.  The tests lasted ~30 seconds each
I opened the laser to examine the build.  It was up to acceptable standards
I informed both Arenared and Jake of my findings
There was a delay of a few days before Arenared contacted me.  He wanted me to test the current.  I did.  The driver was set at 185mA.  This test lasted less than 20 seconds
After I re-assembled the laser, I re-tested the output (in case I "bumped" anything).  The output was unchanged.  This test lasted <30 seconds
I informed Arenared of the results of my test
He PM'd that he was "collecting funds" to pay Jake.  We were about two weeks into the deal at this point
I re-wrapped everything and set the package on the shelf.
There was another delay while Arenared "collected funds" and Jake became increasingly (and justifiably) agitated with the lack of response from Arenared.
During this delay, I moved
Arenared and Jake finally let me know that payment had been made.  We were about one month into the transaction at this point.
This is the longest I have ever held a laser as a middle man
Jake asked me to let him know what the shipping was so that he could re-imburse me.  Arenared asked if he could pick it up from me because he wold be driving near to my house.
He stopped by.   I handed him the package.  He was on his way.

The laser was working and in "new" condition when Arenared received it
He reports that it was working
The laser went LED the next day
Jake has offered to repair it even though it was working upon receipt AND Arenared reports opening the laser to inspect it
I have not been privy to the content of their PM's, but a warranty repair is the most I would offer under these circumstances
IMNHO a charge-back at this juncture is unwarranted
I know that PayPal will hold a refund until the defective goods are returned. I am not sure about Google Check-Out. Demanding a refund BEFORE the merchandise is returned is unwarranted

I would offer, once again, to act as middle man for this. It would appear that the parties do not trust each other

Peace,
dave

Have someone moderate this. Send the paypal money to me Daguin. When he gets the laser he'll return it to jake21 and send Arenared his money. Pick a senior member to do the moderation. Daguin has already said he was willing, and I'm also curious what the determined flaw will be in the laser when the laser is inspected. Making this into a huge fight is not necessary.

I am going to send it back to him directly, tomorrow with sig confirmation for a full refund.