Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

[CLOSED] WTB: Power supply for 2214-40MLA argon

Sta

Edit: I have purchased a power supply. No more offers will be accepted.

Hello folks!
I plan on purchasing an argon laser head (JDS Uniphase 2214-40MLA) promptly, and thus I require a power supply and controller for it. Any power supply that can supply 120V 10A for this argon laser will do; it does not have to be a matching power supply. I prefer it to have a controller with it, but if it does not, that is fine too.

Please PM me with any offers.

:beer:

Last edited:

diachi

Re: WTB: Power supply and for 2214-40MLA argon

Hello folks!
I plan on purchasing an argon laser head (JDS Uniphase 2214-40MLA) promptly, and thus I require a power supply and controller for it. Any power supply that can supply 120V 10A for this argon laser will do; it does not have to be a matching power supply. I prefer it to have a controller with it, but if it does not, that is fine too.

:beer:

You can build a controller super easy - really you can get them running with two or three pieces of wire - little more complicated if you want any sort of control mind you. You can get current control with the addition of a 10k pot pretty much.

It does need to be a somewhat matching PSU - unless you want to make extensive modifications. A PSU for an ALC60x isn't going to be just plug and play. The cathode voltage is a fair bit higher on those for a start. Unless I'm misunderstanding your post?

Any of the JDSU 211x power supplies should work - though of course you'll want one that's capable of running on 120VAC input (So avoid the 2113).

eBay has lots (link) although I'm not sure how affordable that option is going to be. You can buy a complete system (used of course) for that sort of money...

We want pictures when you do get it running! I love me some Multi-line Argon! :D

Last edited:

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
Re: WTB: Power supply for 2214-40MLA argon

Good luck Sta, I am currently seeking a controller for mine. You should definitely go for that multiline.
We want pictures when you do get it running! I love me some Multi-line Argon!
Yes, for sure. I want to see it as well :) I have a 2110 which delivers upto 10.4A. Like Diachi said, most of that range will cover you power supply needs.

Sta

I still need one of these. Any offers?

I got mine a couple years ago with the PS included with a controller that works great. Though it is rated at 20mW, it output over 40mW. I wish you luck in your search.

Sta

I got mine a couple years ago with the PS included with a controller that works great. Though it is rated at 20mW, it output over 40mW. I wish you luck in your search.

Where'd you get it from?

Where'd you get it from?

I got mine from a guy on eBay that was affiliated with JDS and had the tube replaced at some point. I can't remember his name as it was quite some time ago. Sorry.

Sta

Bumping because I still need one.

I actually talk to MM on a quite regular basis. I'll try to talk to him ASAP but he does have an extremely busy schedule so might take a few days for a response.

Sta

I actually talk to MM on a quite regular basis. I'll try to talk to him ASAP but he does have an extremely busy schedule so might take a few days for a response.

Thank you Jeffrey. Has he responded yet?

I talked to him last night and told him to check his PM's, which I'm pretty sure he did. Did you send him a message? I assume not and that is partially my fault as I should have told you to do so or brought him here. I'll send him a message as soon as I see him online.

If you happen to find another PSU in the meantime, don't let me stop you from getting it.

P.S: Since we're on the subject of gas lasers. You can also try sending "Sam" from Sam's FAQ an email. He might have one of these for sale or a compatible PSU. Plus you can ask Sam any argon related questions while you're at it.

Last edited:

Sta

I talked to him last night and told him to check his PM's, which I'm pretty sure he did. Did you send him a message? I assume not and that is partially my fault as I should have told you to do so or brought him here. I'll send him a message as soon as I see him online.

If you happen to find another PSU in the meantime, don't let me stop you from getting it.

P.S: Since we're on the subject of gas lasers. You can also try sending "Sam" from Sam's FAQ an email. He might have one of these for sale or a compatible PSU. Plus you can ask Sam any argon related questions while you're at it.

I actually did PM him! But thanks for speaking with him. :beer:

I actually did PM him! But thanks for speaking with him. :beer:

Oh, Okay! I'm glad you actually messaged him! I'll actually ask him about it next time I get a chance. Not sure when it will be or what he will say. I'll keep you posted.