Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

[CLOSED] WTB: Power supply for 2214-40MLA argon

Sta

Re: WTB: Power supply for 2214-40MLA argon

Well that's unfortunate. I suppose I paid $33.15 for a large, cylindrical brick, UNLESS SOMEONE ELSE HAS ONE OF THESE POWER SUPPLIES!

:)

Last edited:

Have you tried UlimateKaiser? He may not have a PS for sale, but might be able to steer you toward one.

Sta

I still haven't made any progress, and still need one of these, so please contact me with any offers. Thanks!

diachi

I still haven't made any progress, and still need one of these, so please contact me with any offers. Thanks!

Have you tried asking over on PL? :beer:

Edit: Or try Steve Roberts (LSRFAQ on here, Mixedgas on PL). Or Sam from Sam's FAQ.

Last edited:

Sta

Have you tried asking over on PL? :beer:

Edit: Or try Steve Roberts (LSRFAQ on here, Mixedgas on PL). Or Sam from Sam's FAQ.

I haven't tried PL yet, I imagine I won't have much luck, due to the inactivity of their laser section. I checked Sam's website and he doesn't have anything for sale. I suppose I'll try Steve. :)

diachi

I haven't tried PL yet, I imagine I won't have much luck, due to the inactivity of their laser section. I checked Sam's website and he doesn't have anything for sale. I suppose I'll try Steve. :)

There's a lot of folk on PL that have Argons and/or piles of old surplus parts for Argons. You'd likely have more luck over there... It's not quite as inactive as it seems. ;)

D

Deleted member 16589

There's a lot of folk on PL that have Argons and/or piles of old surplus parts for Argons. You'd likely have more luck over there... It's not quite as inactive as it seems. ;)

I know a few PL members with surplus argon gear I can check With them but I agree PL may give you better luck.

Reactions: Sta

Sta

I know a few PL members with surplus argon gear I can check With them but I agree PL may give you better luck.

Thank you! I don't have a PL account, so it might be best if you check with them. :beer:

Sta

I received my argon laser head today, and it seems to be missing a few pins on one of the power cables.
aoqAAyv.jpg

What does this mean for the laser? Is it supposed to be like this? Can it still work with the pins missing?

Those are standard sockets for those type of lasers. They come in different pin configurations. Its fine :p

Last edited:

Sta

Those are standard sockets for those type of lasers. They come in different pin configurations. Its fine :p

Good.
I suppose I still need a power supply, then. :p

That's the cannon plug and it has all the pins it ever had. That doesn't mean that the laser will work, just that this isn't a problem.

I was going to chime in here, but diachi beat me to it.

Edit: The second one is untested and sold as is. Since they are the same price i would go for the first one that says it is in working condition.

Last edited:

Sta

Thanks everyone. I suppose I will go with the first one. In that case, where would I find a good controller?