Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Click for pr0n

Son of a bitch.

There's no pr0n in this thread. [smiley=thumbdown.gif] Welcome, you deceiving cur.

rule-34.jpg

silly-jimmy said:
I just bought a true 30mw off deal extreme and I just wanted to ask a question I know it may sound REALLY REALLY DUMB but let me just ask because i'm a super cheap skate (lol) would sun glasses help protect my eyes at all cause since i live in Australia the wicked laser goggles will cost me 60 buks :eek: thats for the 39 dollar model ( the shipping is 20 buks )

thanks for your help guys

get goggles from senkat - they are on his store ;
http://stonetek.org/shop/

Free shipping i think too

Chad said:
2. Yep, get goggles. Unless you want to just condition your eyes to it. (a long and painful process... but hey - I can look at green lasers above 200mWs now without problems or eye damage.)

:eek:

Words cannot describe how uncomfortable I am with this entire concept.

roSSco

Event Horizon said:
[quote author=Chad link=1211514142/0#8 date=1211579510]2. Yep, get goggles. Unless you want to just condition your eyes to it. (a long and painful process... but hey - I can look at green lasers above 200mWs now without problems or eye damage.)

:eek:

Words cannot describe how uncomfortable I am with this entire concept.[/quote]
Yeah, that calls for one of these.
Picard.gif

chido

Oh my god Rossco, you have a smiley/picture for every situation. Don't you ever run out???? ;D

chido said:
Oh my god Rossco, you have a smiley/picture for every situation. Don't you ever run out???? ;D

nope.

we call it google, the life-all-lasting elixir for smileys and fail pics.

Razako said:
5-A 30mw laser probably won't be lighting matches. You might be able to pop balloons with fresh batteries if you got a good laser. Btw you shouldn't attempt either of these unless you buy goggles.

I've provided three of my friends with true 30's, and two of them run like my 68mw x50 on low batteries, they can pop balloons with some time, smoke leather, and you can almost feel it. The third one though, with really good batteries, is VERY much brighter than the x50, and in all ways out performs it, from brightness to burning to divergance. True 30's are a crapshoot, there is a possibility you can get a winner.