Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Chris's 9mm IR diode codes

jnrpop

Ive got a few 9mm IR diodes from Chris Leunber (heruursciences) and they have codes on the back of them, ive done abit of reseaching but cant find anyone talking about them. Has anyone done any experimenting with them and possible have an idea about the codes?
Some are as follows: RL 505, LN 685, EH 156 , NF 768 , KY 721
Thats just a couple
Thanks

Ive got a few 9mm IR diodes from Chris Leunber (heruursciences) and they have codes on the back of them, ive done abit of reseaching but cant find anyone talking about them. Has anyone done any experimenting with them and possible have an idea about the codes?
Some are as follows: RL 505, LN 685, EH 156 , NF 768 , KY 721
Thats just a couple
Thanks

Are you trying to figure out what the codes mean? Or just trying to figure out which type of diode you got (wavelength, power ect.)?

jnrpop

yes Wavelength and power! I just thought the code would give me a idea but it also might just be a product id code or manufactory line code.

yes Wavelength and power! I just thought the code would give me a idea but it also might just be a product id code or manufactory line code.

I'll ask the Bob next time I see him online. I don't know if you can tell by those codes, I think you might have to put them under a microscope and examine the bond wires and such, then make a plot of current vs. power output. I honestly don't know much about it, but I'll ask and get back to you.

jnrpop

Thanks for yr help bryce, yer i think ill just run them on a LM317t, c where i get to!

HIMNL9

Those codes don't look as diode codes ..... Chris got them from a bulk sell from a closed factory, so, they may be test codes, mean, codes related to the peoples that was working in that factory and made the production tests (like, i test a lot of diodes, and i mark them with my initials, followed with the number of the diode i'm testing, so when i write a test report, anyone can know about what diode i'm speaking) ..... and if so, is impossible to just associate diode values to codes, without these reports, sorry.

jnrpop

No worries yer thats what i thought, it would of been to easy otherwise! haha. Thanks guys!

Those are the initials of the QC technician that examined the diode at the factory, along with a serial number. At least that's what Chris says.