Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Choosing safety glasses

diachi

I'm not sure about Eagle glasses - I have quite expensive Univet goggles but even with them you can see (but very little almost not noticeable) 5 mW 532 nm. It looks not green, but yellow-orange and even (overspec) 3.5 W 445 nm looks yellow-orange dot. Just dot no halo, it is not bright... They are over OD 6 for these wavelenghts. So, I assume even Eagle glasses will not block it 100 %. You can use some brick to block 100 %, but not sure how comfortable it is. :D

The orange dot isn't the dot from the beam, it's a result of fluorescence, and you can see it because the glasses are blocking out the much brighter laser light.

Radim

Good point - yes it is - as laser is single wavelength. Just I'm not sure how much of passed is fluorescence and how much is original laser light - I would expect more red fluorescence of 532 mm, not yellow-orange so close to original green. Does not seem to be just fluorescence. I might be wrong - however in charts of fluorescence wavelenghts for some materials I was looking long time ago the difference from stimulating and emitted radiations was much larger.

Edit: Sorry for my previous post, it was stupid not mention fluorescence as I have profile picture with it. :D I was tired for sure. :D

Last edited: