Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

Chinese laser pointer question.

paul1598419

Diffraction gratings used to separate light are made up of lines on a mirrored surface or on a piece of glass or plastic that you use, sort of, like a prism to separate the light. You can get these kinds of gratings in different lines/mm. Like 300 lines per millimeter, 500 l/mm, 1200 l/mm, etc. For a loose grating used for this purpose, I prefer 1000 l/mm.

Last edited:

Lagomorpha

Alright! Finally I found one similar looking to the 532nm I ordered at somewhere aside from later images on a page on Wish.
Still not very informative(no description) and VERY full of misinformation(like 30,000mW, which Ifound HILARIOUS) found it on HTPOW (which I hear horrible thing about) but again, I'm not expecting an awesome (or even good) laser, but I am just curious, now that on have found another page with it, if anyone could tell me more about it. Would it be appropriate to subtract 2 of the zeros? I heard other people after I searched LPF for more about HTPOW to subtract one of the zeros, but I still think that is WAYYYYY absurd, so 2 may be more appropriate(300mW). I am not really expecting it to be anywhere over 100mW but I would be stoked if it did end up having a bit more power? They are trying to sell it for a laughable $846.18
So anyways, thanks for your time, any new information you can find on this laser would be much appreciated.

Io

P.S. Is there a photo gallery anywhere on this site where I can search around and try and find more photos and descriptions of it?
15060460380.jpg

Last edited:

KayEm

What you just posted looks like Thor H2 Silver version to me. That one, however, takes in 2x 26650 and the green is 1w. Look up Model 890 on Laserpointerstore, I think that's the one you got. If it's 532nm, it's either 50 or 100mw. The 50 one goes for 20$ there, whereas the 100 one is 35$.

Lagomorpha

What you just posted looks like Thor H2 Silver version to me. That one, however, takes in 2x 26650 and the green is 1w. Look up Model 890 on Laserpointerstore, I think that's the one you got. If it's 532nm, it's either 50 or 100mw. The 50 one goes for 20$ there, whereas the 100 one is 35$.
I as well thought it looked like an H series. The H2 doesn't come in 532nm and not takes an 18650 (let alone a single one )which is what mine takes, 'Tis a 532nm.
Will check out the site in a sec.
edit: the 890 has squares around the center towards the bottom.

Last edited: