Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

cheapest blue?

Yea. NASA defines Violet as 400nm, Indigo as 445nm and Blue as 475nm. I guess VioRay didn't excite the marketing folks as much as Blu.

perhaps "vioray" sounds a bit too much like "violate" and reminds people of DRM taking away their fair use rights! "viray" wouldn't be too bad though. "purray" sounds like "purée", "pinkray", "lilacray" and "lavenderray" might put off male customers who are insecure with their masculinity, and i can't really think of anything else that'd fit.

ViRay -> associated with viper? virus?
VioRay -> violent?!? Viola?
Purray -> cats? furries?!?
Pinkray -> -.- anyone know Pink Five? That'd be hers... Still, afaik pink =! purple?
lilacray -> sounds like "lila-cray", and while a CRAY might be a fun "pc",....nah...
lavenderray -> wtf? Good smelling lasers? Diodes grow on bushes? ;)

You could try UVRay though, as half of its beam is already transcending into other spectrums of (in)visibility. Still, pronounced "you-vee-ray", that equals three syllables (too long), and uvray sounds weird.

Pedantism would even call for Near-UV-Ray, or nuvray, which is a bit better...?
Maybe say "Super-UV-ray", which goes to a short SUV-ray, and we all know that SUVs are good thus we'd all buy SUV-drives ;)

Were it 4000nm, one could say "the new 4k drive", but a 4h laser is weird, too. Will my drive work for only 4 hours? Yeah, one could argue "4kA" (A=angstrom), but that is not meant here.

I think I have far too much creativity at my hands going to waste ;)

philguy said:
Pinkray -> -.- anyone know Pink Five? That'd be hers... Still, afaik pink =! purple?
some shades of purple, ie magenta, are often (possibly incorrectly) called pink. bit of a stretch i know, but...:)

bridge

look here, maybe you will find the lasers that you want.
any interesting, contact with us: www.laser-wave.com
Best regards!
Bridge

Attachments

• blue_lasersdifferent_power.JPG
    blue_lasersdifferent_power.JPG
    934.9 KB · Views: 96
Lasever Inc. makes blue laser modules and portable lasers

Attachments

• shine.jpg
    shine.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 81
T

timelord

laserjim said:
Why don't you put prices on your website??? It's very off putting not knowing how much things cost ::)

S

SenKat

laserjim said:

Your picture kinda more than pisses me off, BTW.....why not just have her shining the laser off of her ass-cheek ? C'mon - that is the lamest ATTEMPT at marketting I have ever seen - People on here will buy a laser based on it's wuality and price, not on a pair of BOOBS. Yeah, this should have gone via PM - but something annoys me about lasever - if I am wrong, I will enjoy having some BBQ Crow (in Texas, everything is BBQ) but something tickles my brain about lasever....why not knock off the girlie pictures, and post some facts and prices about your products ? I would like to see them - a little bit of company history and perhaps a few references would be fabulous, too ! References from folks on the forum that have purchsed from you, or know OF you -

PSUEDO - I think I recall you mentioning lasever before ?

SenKat said:
why not knock off the girlie pictures, and post some facts and prices about your products ?

+1

There are but few things that can piss me off about a company more than "Email for pricing" or equivalent. I read it as "Email me so I can see just how much of a sucker you sound like and can adjust my price or quality of products accordingly"
I REFUSE to do business with a retailer with this practice.

*Edited because I looked at the picture*

Same goes for PhotoShoped Beams! Take a real picture or don't bother looking for my business.
{/Soapbox}

It is just kinda fashion concept because the portable lasers are for joy. We make lasers of course, not boobs.

SenKat said:
[quote author=laserjim link=1193171474/15#25 date=1194528066]Lasever Inc. makes blue laser modules and portable lasers

Your picture kinda more than pisses me off, BTW.....why not just have her shining the laser off of her ass-cheek ?  C'mon - that is the lamest ATTEMPT at marketting I have ever seen - People on here will buy a laser based on it's wuality and price, not on a pair of BOOBS.  Yeah, this should have gone via PM - but something annoys me about lasever - if I am wrong, I will enjoy having some BBQ Crow (in Texas, everything is BBQ) but something tickles my brain about lasever....why not knock off the girlie pictures, and post some facts and prices about your products ?  I would like to see them - a little bit of company history and perhaps a few references would be fabulous, too !  References from folks on the forum that have purchsed from you, or know OF you -

PSUEDO - I think I recall you mentioning lasever before ?[/quote]

^ lame. How about some real answers, else don't bother posting. ;)
and SenKat's post now = +2 due to your lameness.

Freyth

Uhm HOW is it a fashion concept? I don't even think the laser industry requires a "fashion concept".

Things

dude seriously, does it take girls to make lasers look cool, i think specs and prices would work much better??? +1 to everyone who thinks the same..... :D