Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

cheapest blue?

Ds1

What is the cheapest blue laser out there? anyone know?

Sorry, but "cheap" and "blue" don't really go together for lasers ;D. I suppose the cheapest and "best buy" is a blue rpl from www.optotronics.com. You can also try www.TechLasers.com for a little cheaper price, but we aren't sure if their lasers are trustworthy, yet.

I could get you a good 5mW portable blue unit for a few hundred... say, perhaps a little over $400. However, yeah, blue and cheap are opposites. 473nm DPSS costs a few hundred for even low mWages. On the other end is 488nm argon, which you can occasionally get surplus from eBay for $300-500 shipped, but they're huge clunkers that normally weight 40+ lbs and have a tendency to not work when you get them from eBay.

spyrorocks said:
If all goes well, I will be buying the Mirage blue laser from techlasers.

Okay man, not a bad choice, but my guess is that it will average 5 mW. You should talk to Pseudo, he can get you the same laser for just a bit over $400 like he said.

He is very trustworthy, and has great lasers. His is about to create his own website to start selling lasers.

RobTheVIP said:
[quote author=spyrorocks link=1193171474/0#3 date=1193173800]If all goes well, I will be buying the Mirage blue laser from techlasers.

Okay man, not a bad choice, but my guess is that it will average 5 mW.  You should talk to Pseudo, he can get you the same laser for just a bit over $400 like he said.

He is very trustworthy, and has great lasers.  His is about to create his own website to start selling lasers.[/quote]

Correction, I can get you a BETTER laser for just a bit over $400 ;). Or perhaps a 10mW if you wanna increase your budget a little bit. Either way, drop me a line before you make a purchase and we'll see if there's anything I can offer you.

Oh, thanks for the offer.

I might take advantage of that. Blue is a beautiful color after all, why not get the most mw for your buck?

pseudonomen137 said:
[quote author=RobTheVIP link=1193171474/0#4 date=1193173976][quote author=spyrorocks link=1193171474/0#3 date=1193173800]If all goes well, I will be buying the Mirage blue laser from techlasers.

Okay man, not a bad choice, but my guess is that it will average 5 mW. You should talk to Pseudo, he can get you the same laser for just a bit over $400 like he said.

He is very trustworthy, and has great lasers. His is about to create his own website to start selling lasers.[/quote]

Correction, I can get you a BETTER laser for just a bit over $400 ;). Or perhaps a 10mW if you wanna increase your budget a little bit. Either way, drop me a line before you make a purchase and we'll see if there's anything I can offer you.[/quote]

oh, well excuse me!

lol I was just referring to them being the same models ;)

Daedal

On about 80% of things it'll fluoresce blue... ::)

The beam wouldn't be as visible though... :(

--DDL

Aseras

I ran it for a hour or so the other ngiht and it went up into the 90mw+ range.

It seems farily solid, nice heavy chunks of aluminum for both the head and the powersupply. Doesn't get warm or cold when it's running either. So far so good.

If it lasts it's a good deal.

Ds1 said:
i wish bluray was a little bit more.....blue!
why?? purple is beautiful! :) though i do wish bluray wasn't named inaccurately. it annoys my pedantic side. stupid marketing people.