Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Cheap Mirrors / Alternatives

Where can I get some cheap 40mm mirrors or any other alternatives to use in a spiro? My 20mm mirrors are too small.

As long as you don't need first surface mirrors, head to Wal-Mart and in the crafts department they sell a bag of assorted round mirrors for $1.26, the brand name is "Finishing Accents" and the bag includes 1/2". 3/4", and 1" round mirrors (like 6 of the big ones, 10 of the med and 12 of the small) ... Although the biggest mirrors (1") aren't quite 40mm, if that extra little bit is enough to pull off the project they are cheap and readily available...

Otherwise, go here: www.sciplus.com - they always have all kinds of mixed optics and mirrors, you might have to call them to see what they have though, as they don't always list small stuff like that online.

As long as you don't need first surface mirrors, head to Wal-Mart and in the crafts department they sell a bag of assorted round mirrors for $1.26, the brand name is "Finishing Accents" and the bag includes 1/2". 3/4", and 1" round mirrors (like 6 of the big ones, 10 of the med and 12 of the small) ... Although the biggest mirrors (1") aren't quite 40mm, if that extra little bit is enough to pull off the project they are cheap and readily available...

Otherwise, go here: www.sciplus.com - they always have all kinds of mixed optics and mirrors, you might have to call them to see what they have though, as they don't always list small stuff like that online.

No walmarts here in England but I will keep an eye out and look on the site. 2nd surface mirrors are fine for the moment but im building a RGV spiro so I need 1st surface to combine them well.

You might be able to use the platters from a junk hard drive. They're supposed to do pretty well, IIRC.

lamborgini8;

I still have lots of Minolta FS mirrors left.

A few board members are using them. cmendoza is putting a spirograph together with them.

I have 1.5" x 2" or 2" x 2" available.

I like them because I can aim two lasers side by side,
for two overlapping patterns.

They are easy to use on electronic fans (60mm I think).

I think $2.50 each is a good price for them.
Mail to you should be ~ $2.

If you are interested, you can send me a PM.

Thanks;

Larry DFW

Last edited:
I have some 12" long by 1-2" wide FS mirrors from office-sized copy machines available.

lamborgini8;

I PM'ed you back,

& it shows your message replied to.

But, it does not show up in sent messages ????

LarryDFW

lamborgini8;

I see now that I didn't check the "save sent messages" box in the preferences.

LarryDFW