Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

cheap laser goggles?

So i just got a 200mw red laser from o-like, and i also got some goggles from o-like...the problem is, that the goggles seem to let a lot of the light through. It makes me a little nervous. And from what i've been reading on the forums, it seems like these goggles really aren't that great. So i'm prolly gonna get some other ones. What are some cheap goggles?

(yeah yeah, its kinda ironic that i'm asking for you to recommend cheap goggles because the cheap goggles I got aren't good. what i want is cheap goggles that don't suck)

Thanks!

Ash

Many people will tell you these: Dragon Lasers
-Personally, I use these for mid-power red's: Eagle Pair
But, I think they are less than OD4+ for 660nm (probably the wavelength of your "red" o-like).
:cool:

i can say for sure that under 10usd goggles usually block all laser light through it. it might not block IR ray that you can not see. please choose a over 10usd dollar. i quote a saying" you get what you pay for":evil:
Merry from Laserlands

i'm planning to use a 5mw red laser for some light experiments, diffraction patterns etc, could you confirm that light reflected from a white screen won't damage eyes. if not what goggles would you recommend for this type of thing.
cheers

Generally a 5mw lasers or below shouldn't harm your eyes. Although if you want safety glasses check what wavelength they have (its in nm) then find the correct safety glasses on this website: Laser Safety :: Dragon Lasers

LaZeRz

those r quite expensive but for a 5mw laser your blink refelction should stop any harm to your eyes