Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

cheap ebay laser

Heleno

Hi.
This is my first post.
i bought one of these ebay lasers. 5$.
when i put the batteries in, i got a half second flash of standard green light, and after that completely blank.
i used batteries to reach 10V, and got the same result.
BUT
i used an old telephone re-charger to reach the SAME 10V (i checked it all with a galvanometer) and i got a STRONG green beam, that increases brightness within the next few seconds. after 5 seconds, i got a beam that reaches around 3 kilometers! i could guess it is even more than that! really! i can point it at a radio antenna pretty far away!
now - i don`t care about that - yeah.... i got a super powered laser, but gotta plug it on the wall - so i just bought a standard 50mW Ledshop pointer (http://www.ledshoppe.com/Product/ledp/LP1076.htm)
but i want to KNOW:
What happened!? can someone explain me how did i got this result?!!?!? it goes completely against all what i thought would happened!
thx!
Heleno

i got one of the 100mw lasers from ebay about a year ago now and its awsome bright green but i was dissapointed that it didnt burn though so i probably got ripped :( but its still hell bright though i like :)

daguin

i got one of the 100mw lasers from ebay about a year ago now and its awsome bright green but i was dissapointed that it didnt burn though so i probably got ripped :( but its still hell bright though i like :)

Shine it through a magnifying glass to focus the beam down to a small dot. It will burn stuff ;)

Peace,
dave

Heleno

now, tell me -
as soon as u push the button, the strong ray comes out? do you have to wait for it to warm up?
Anyone knows about my stuff?
i shall explain again:
if i plug my laser to a alkalyne battery, 10V - i got nothing! no beam at all - just a short flash.
if i plug it to a 10V DC wall mobile-charger - i get a STRONG green beam - reaching like 2 km! - i even think that staring to this beam may be hazardous - but i have no way to evaluate what potence is coming out...
right now: i am waiting for my 532nm Green Laser Pointer Pen 50mW (LP1076) from LEDShoppe =) hope it`ll be good!

Austin

Guess $5 laser pointer will not focus on anything, even use a magnifying glass...

Heleno, have you ever owned a green laser before, or is this your first? When I got my first greenie, it looked like the beam went for miles. I'm just saying, it could only be outputting 5mW if you have nothing to compare it with.

Heleno

Heleno, have you ever owned a green laser before, or is this your first? When I got my first greenie, it looked like the beam went for miles. I'm just saying, it could only be outputting 5mW if you have nothing to compare it with.

hehehe - now u got me! heheheh
yes - this is my first laser! but STILL NO ONE EXPLAINED ME THIS ISSUE:
batteries X mobile recharger
any lights on the topic?
think i will take a picture and paste all the photo parameters here so that you can understand what i mean with bright.
let's wait till i get my 50mW LEDShoppe pen and i will let u know!
hehe
see you!

The only way you can really tell the difference is by measuring the current of both, with a DMM.

Heleno

The only way you can really tell the difference is by measuring the current of both, with a DMM.

damn! i managed to burn my amperimeter... so i can't measure currents ... (oh please..... i am a medical student... it was already tricky to buy a sthetoscope and a galvanometer at once!)

but assides from that:
Is there any possible physical explanation?
because with all the eletronics i know, i can't find a reason that explains this.... if you guys can give me a hint....
thx!