Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Cheap chinese 190-540+ 800-1064nm glasse

SKeeZ

The glasses may work but not if you order them from aliexpress. avoid the company at ALL COSTS.

You used the word cheap to discribe them.......take a second and think about that. Do you want to word associated with your vision?

xappys

You used the word cheap to discribe them.......take a second and think about that. Do you want to word associated with your vision?

Ok, then i will order uvex glasses from amazon ( i seen test in forums)
I'm just afraid of IR
Cheap doesn't mean just bad, for these chinese glasses I thought like that too, but uvex are cheap and absollutely great.
Anyway thanks for response :)

Ok, then i will order uvex glasses from amazon ( i seen test in forums)
I'm just afraid of IR
Cheap doesn't mean just bad, for these chinese glasses I thought like that too, but uvex are cheap and absollutely great.
Anyway thanks for response :)

Wrong, uvex are untested, uncertified glasses. They don't have to test them for lasers and are not required to keep the same formula so results will vary by batch. Get some eagle pair glasses if you want tested and regulated glasses. Otherwise you are taking your chances

Edit: if you don't have the money to properly protect your eyes then you ahould not own a laser to begin with. Lasers are expensive, get over it and save up. When you can afford the glasses then you can use your laser..........or use it anyways and take your chances but don't come back here complaining about vision issues since you have been warned.

Uvex is better than nothing but then again riding on rims is better than nothing. However you don't see people without tires because its just stupid. Same logic applies here, in a pinch uvex is better than nothing but its stupid to use these as your main pair

Last edited:

Zeebit

The uvex glasses have been tested by a couple of people and they work fine for 405nm to 532nm. However, like why Livinloud said, there may come a time when the dye formula may be changed.

If you take a look at the data sheet of the SCT-orange glasses, they have acceptable OD levels for uv to green wavelengths.

For lower powered lasers the uvex glasses are ok.

Spooky

in a pinch uvex is better than nothing but its stupid to use these as your main pair

The only thing that would concern me is if people feel *safe* using crap glasses and take risks because they think they are protected. Dead right though LL, safety first...always.

Using lasers as a newbie without glasses is like driving without a seatbelt, you can do it your entire life and never get hurt, the one time you need it the results of not having it can be *unpleasant* to say the least.

Xap,

It's better to have them and not need them, than to need them and not have them.

cheers

Dave

Using lasers as a newbie without glasses is like driving without a seatbelt, you can do it your entire life and never get hurt, the one time you need it the results of not having it can be *unpleasant* to say the least.

Great way to put it as well :beer: +1