Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

Buy Site Supporter Role (remove some ads) | LPF Donations

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery | Browser Hide by Avery

Chance to get a 300mW 607nm pointer module! Group Buy 607nm Orange pointer Modules!

farbe2

Hello Girls and Guys!

I did some calculations, some experiments, more tests, some assembly, some inquires and I can now proudly present my prototype:

beam.jpeg

Nice orange photons!

I managed to cram over 300mW of 607nm into a 55x25mm round pointer module.

Power.jpeg

size.jpegsize2.jpeg

Let's start with fact that this is only a prototype. There are a few things that WILL change for the group buy.
First the size: Its a prototype that still includes some 3D printing. I would like to make the "production version" fully out of aluminum.
Except for maybe a dustcap over the cavity.
The size will be smaller, my current working model is 18mm in diameter and 40mm in length.

Second the power: I am trying to optimize the power, but as I need to go for less expensive parts for a group buy (to keep a reasonable price), I might have less power. I cant guarantee a power level so far but it will be in the same ballpark e.g. something between 200-300mW.
It might even increase but thats very speculative. The power might also be a selection thing depending on the overall opinion in it. E.g. I could build the whole lot, measure them and then sell the lower performing units a little cheaper and the higher ones a little more expensive. E.g total cost for the whole lot would be the same but each single buyer might get cheaper or more expensive ones depending on their power likings.

These can also be run at just around 5mW if one likes a eyesafe unit!

Wavelength/Color:
Its glorious orange, what else?
color.jpeg

But there is more! I might be able to pull 604nm off in the same unit. 604nm is much less efficient, so I expect only 100mW. 604nm is slightly lighter in color, it looks marginal brighter in person. This picture shows the color difference. Dont look at the beam shape, the prototype is pure TM00. Top one is 604nm.
604.jpegcompare.png
On my screen, the color from the wavelength to RGB calculator is closer to reality than the pictures I took. But that depends on the camera and monitor.

Also the final power of the module is dependent on temperature just like on any other DPSS. So dont expect 300mW after cooking it in a hot car in the summer.

Pricing:
I want to make 10-25Pc to make it reasonable in price. 25pc would be much cheaper.
We are looking at roughly 830€ per lasermodul if we get 25pc order quantity and around 1000€ per module if we only get 10pc as a group buy.

I want to scope the interest here. I already have a few potential customers but it's not enough to get the special crystals and optics made.

So let me know if you are interested. Maybe we are able to do a group buy! Otherwise these will keep being a dream and never leave the prototype stage.
Lets see if we can fill the table: (just copy/qoute and add yours)

Name
Quantity 607nm
Quantity 604nm
Farbe²​
1​
1​
.​
.​
.​
.​
.​

Last edited:

Are the modultable? Ie for show use? I assume these are cryo cooled red diodes? I’d like to add one to a single mode projector along with my 573 60mn jobs. I don’t really need more than about 75mwto mix with the single mode diodes.

Name
Quantity 607nm
Quantity 604nm
Farbe²​
1​
1​
Gryphon​
1​
0​
.​
.​
.​
.​

Put me down for one of the more efficient 607's!

I assume these are cryo cooled red diodes?

These are 444nm pumped

Name
Quantity 607nm
Quantity 604nm
Farbe²​
1​
1​
Gryphon​
1​
0​
Zraffleticket​
1​
1​
.​
.​
.​

Mark me down for one of each as well!

Are the modultable? Ie for show use? I assume these are cryo cooled red diodes? I’d like to add one to a single mode projector along with my 573 60mn jobs. I don’t really need more than about 75mwto mix with the single mode diodes.
Yes they are. They are normal DPSS lasers not cryocooled. If you use a tec you probably can get more power out. Yes they are modulatable. You can even get below 5mW if you like.
They aren’t perfectly linear like diodes are but good enough for show use. I did scanning with them before and they are plenty fast enough for that.

I’ll go for a 607. So this is Pr then. Super! Beam quality divergence and size are more important to me than power. So long as this can match up with single mode low power diodes like the 40mw greens and such this will be perfect! If it’s a flashlight not going to help me. Super cool you figured this out.

Name
Quantity 607nm
Quantity 604nm
Farbe²​
1​
1​
Gryphon​
1​
0​
Zraffleticket​
1​
1​
Aryntha​
1​
1​
.​
.​

Absolutely in for one of each.

Oh the peer pressure! I revise my request for one of each 😁

Name
Quantity 607nm
Quantity 604nm
Farbe²​
1​
1​
Gryphon​
1​
1​
Zraffleticket​
1​
1​
Aryntha​
1​
1​
.​
.​

I’ll go for a 607. So this is Pr then. Super! Beam quality divergence and size are more important to me than power.

For anyone interested, I am also thinking about doing a small amount of lab modules.
Full focus on quality, dual tec (one diode one crystal) completely sealed housing, better beam forming, show laser driver with fast 0-5V modulation input. Square housing for easy heatsink mounting.
This should get better stability, beam quality and power at the cost of being much more expensive.

Not sure if that’s something you guys would be interested in but at least there is an option.
@kecked I would assume that you would be more interested in a lab module?

I’ll take whatever I can get but yes. It will go in a show projector with single mode diodes to complement my bigger opsl 577 unit. This is much better sized for inside my house.

Back