Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

cell fone Q

My new and supposedly better flip fone has a hard time getting a signal inside my house.. Does that mean that incoming calls will be delayed or have a prob..
worst part-- my new one is MIA in my house and I cannot call it to help me find!!! my whole reason for the cell is to be reachable while my home land line is running my modem-- CRAP!!

diachi

Could get a signal booster, often your cell service provider will be able to provide you with one.

I wonder if the service provider for your new phone doesn't have a cell tower near you. That, or the phone is defective.

Benm

Probably... but i guess the goal is just finding where the phone in your house is?

If you're unable to call it, send a text message to it - at least when it does something audible upon receiving one.

If the coverage is bad but sometimes barely usable the text message will come through at some point - even if the phone is only able to briefly make very weak connection to the network. Downside is you're on limited time since the battery will run out, and probably fairly quickly if the phone is trying maximum transmit power whenever it sees a network.

Once the batteries go flat you'll just have to look for it ;)