Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Cases

Does anyone know of a good place to get cases with foam on the inside that I can cut slots in?

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Lots of places to buy cases that work well as laser cases; sporting goods stores have pistol cases, harbor freight, ebay etc, you can get most with either "egg crate", or "pluck and pull" foam.
Note: If you use the "pluck & pull" foam, you don't need to do any cutting!
Check out "laser cases" on the search site at the bottom of the page, lots of good stuff there.
Another option is to make your own. Here is one that I made from a DeWalt tool case.

Edit- This is a good source for different kinds of foam if you don't have anything near you.

Last edited:
Yeah I found a thread with harbor freight cases but I wanted something a bit smaller. I only want to fit the one laser I have and batteries 18650s. I would like it to fit in my laptop roller bag. I think My wife and I will just make one.

Last edited:

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
How about something like this from gearbest? It's simple, small and pretty cheap.

Pman

They have a bunch of different sizes. Own 7 of the bigger black ones with the foam and top sections. They hold a lot and I've never paid more than $30 for one. I don't think HF shows all the ones they have online but I haven't looked in awhile. Lots of smaller cases from arias manufacturers and sellers here.
If you buy a larger case you will feel the need to fill it;)

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Pete, I was just about to suggest looking at some your posts showing your various cases, you've probably got a bigger selection than anyone. :D

Yeah I found a thread with harbor freight cases but I wanted something a bit smaller. I only want to fit the one laser I have and batteries 18650s. I would like it to fit in my laptop roller bag. I think My wife and I will just make one.

Once you have a few lasers though you're going to want something to keep them in. If you can afford it, Pelican cases are the best and they come in many different shapes and sizes. Here is the one I bought last year.
http://laserpointerforums.com/f52/pelican-storm-case-im2200-pic-heavy-90406.html

Pete, I was just about to suggest looking at some your posts showing your various cases, you've probably got a bigger selection than anyone. :D

He's got to hold the record, one of these days we have to get him to count them all.

Alan