Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Casa projector- MASTER photo gallery

Tmack

Hey that's good news!! Looks like we will be in the same boat. A 3d a casa and a chauvet 40. I will be needing to get an extra cable to run both machines. I hope the DHL truck can make it down my street.

I have all night to play, so I will report ASAP .

Start shoveling a path for the driver....... you guys buy the obey 10 or 40

Isnt the 40 a little over kill? Wont the 10 work more than perfect? About to buy mine but don't want to spend an extra $30 if I don't need to

Tmack

It should work fine. Bruce said the casa only has 9 channels .
I went with the 40 in case I ever get a more complex pj. And the 40 has scene banks to store your saved scenes. Iirc.

I'm not sure you can store anything with the 10. Bruce can better guide you on this one though. I'm comfortable enough to make the pattern I want, but. Have no idea how to save sense and bring them back up.

I bought the 40 because it has the digital readouts.
No guessing what the controller is telling the PJ to display.
At least that's what I'm hoping.
Plus I like more blinky lights, and it came with cables!

Tmack

Mine was just deiivered, and with the slightest bit of smoke, it's amazing. Way better then I thought it would be. I am very impressed. The beams look terrific. That's definitely a big difference from an image projector. What it puts on the wall is not what this is for. It's for what's coming at you. Very nice sharp beams. You can tell this projector has some mw behind it.

The 3d produces very nice images and patterns.

The casa produces very nice beams and tunnels.

Love them both !!!!

Now for DMX

UPDATE: running DMX.

Running through all the patterns you choose from static or dynamic patterns. Each patterns size , speed, color, x and y axis, can be changed, with many variations in each area. Looks fantastic. Can't believe the price. We will see how the quality is after a month or two. If they a holding up with no issues, I would be interested in a 1w professional version. They do feel very well made though.

Last edited:

Tmack

I just pmed Bruce and asked him how to completely pause the images. I can get them to slow down pretty slow, but I'm working with a phone camera, and need them to stop. The closest thing I'm getting to white is the color in the first picture of Bruce's through the mask. Ill have to do a super slow scan of the color slider to get every color combo possible and ill check back in.

A quick question on DMX. Can I just buy any DMX controller from ebay then plug this into the projector? Or is there a specific DMX controller that I need to buy? Any recommendation or link?.... Please....

I suggest finding one near you. BTW they also plug into the wall so getting one that will work in your country might be harder. It doesnt need to be a chauvet, just look for a DMX controller that works for you. Plus, most of the units I find on fleabay are in the US so shipping might kill you. Make sure its a 3 pin DMX and thats all you really need.

Yeah hate for you to buy a chauvet and then get it and be like WTF is this 110v crap!?!?!? I cant use this and I spent $60-100 for this?!

Anyone that received their unit. Should there be a mic jack at the back?. There wasnt any mic jack in my unit. Shouldnt there be one?. Altho there is 'sensitivity' knob but thatd be useless without mic, no?

No mic jack, you don't plug music into the unit. There is a mic inside the housing that picks up music sound being played and uses that for sound mode. Afaik no projectors actually have a headphone or mic jack, just actual mics inside the unit. The Laser King's have them as well but the difference is those are crap and you need to put yoir speakers 2 inches from the mic hole for it to work, unless you are Tony

Ok...Here's a first attempt at stills.
No where near Brucemir quality, but fun trying!

IMG_0801_zps80d85137.jpg

IMG_0800_zps048ae531.jpg

IMG_0794_zps7f72e6c1.jpg

IMG_0789_zpscfd63e11.jpg

I'll work on the light leaks on the door and masking the wall with black fabric so the beams show better. Not too bad for a first try.