Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Cant seem to unscrew aixiz laser module

I did what you said lol. I cut where you drew those lines. Man my camera batteries died! lol

Gazoo

Clap clap clap...good job! Getting the board off is easy. I used a needle nose to pull it off after I heated it up with the soldering iron. Just have to be quick. Also it helps to have the diode heat sinked. I just used the alligator clip in my helping hands. Anyway, glad you got the diode out, I am sure the diode is happy too. Looking forward to seeing your finished project.

Kenom

just peeled it out once you got it cut didn't ya? I love it. glad to hear it went well for ya! Now don't get impatient and fry it trying to play with it without a module.

lol. Yup it came out just like that! Don't worry! Hopefully I can get pictures up soon!

Gazoo

I know you have the module, but what are you going to use for a casing?

Hmm. Probably some plastic case. Nothing too expensive because I'm still new at these things and I want to get the hang of it first so i can build a better and nicer one later.

S

SenKat

Be really careful when you desolder that little piece of board
heat kills these suckers FAST !
So - go to radio shack, and spend the $11.00 on the bulbed desoldering iron - you squeeze in the bulb, place the tip (it's hollow) on top of hte solder joint you no loger want, and let the bulb go, so it sucks the solder up into the bulb. remove the soldering iron FAST - take some time, and practice on other stuff, too it'll be worth the wait, and the practice. Congrats on getting this far - you have come leaps and bounds !

Gazoo

That's how most of us started out although I haven't even got that far..lol. Mine is spread out all over a table, batteries, driver, wires, module...big mess.

I have a couple of red diodes coming so I think I will get an Aixiz module and try it. Currently I am using a module I got from Meredith. It is nice and all that but I want to try the Aixiz. I am not sure what I will end up using for a host. I know a flashlight, but I am not sure which one yet. Another idea is to get a trekkie phaser off of e-bay and modify it. Lots of possibilities actually.

Kenom

I made my own solder sulker
I used an ear wax bulb cut off the tip, take an eye dropper made from glass and shove that inside the bulb. works great.

Gazoo

SenKat said:
Be really careful when you desolder that little piece of board
heat kills these suckers FAST !
So - go to radio shack, and spend the $11.00 on the bulbed desoldering iron - you squeeze in the bulb, place the tip (it's hollow) on top of hte solder joint you no loger want, and let the bulb go, so it sucks the solder up into the bulb. remove the soldering iron FAST - take some time, and practice on other stuff, too it'll be worth the wait, and the practice. Congrats on getting this far - you have come leaps and bounds !

I hate those things..lol. I think as long as one is quick enough it can be done without damage to the diode, if the diode is heat sinked with something like an alligator clip. Just heat it up and pull the board off with a needle nose. But I know we all have our own way of doing things.

Neat ideas. Man Kenom you sure are really creative when it comes to stuff like this lol

Wow my bad Senkat I completely skipped your post. I didn't even see it! BUt do you think normal solder irons would work? I was looking at that solder iron when i was at radioshack. But I bought that solder iron that does 2 temps.

Kenom

LOL, I am limited by my budget. I've had to make things where I cannot afford to buy them outright. I also got a lot of inspiration from my father the mother of all home made things. If you saw my dad's property and the homemade windmills and water power generators you would be amazed. I appreciate the compliment though. I try hard to be inventive and to show others how to do it as well.

S

SenKat

Regular solder irons will work, but you do risk the diode if you use too much heat....heat is the enemy :)

Just checked back and I want to say... Grats man!

I never heard about the snippers method, been waiting forever to get my dad to desolder it... but snipping it... Thats something I can do RIGHT NOW!

Just need to get some laser goggles!

ZOMG! PRIORITY SHIPPING!

But I can still light matches with my eyes closed! Whee!

And... on another point... don't the glasses/goggles kind of make all that laser radiance... pointless? Since it makes it so much less brilliant?

S

SenKat

No way - it makes it SAFE ! If you want to be able to continue to enjoy reading about lasers - or just reading in general, you sould get safety glasses !