Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Cant seem to unscrew aixiz laser module

I don't know why but its taking me forever to snip it out!! What should i use if I want to tap it out? i dont have a wooden dowel at the moment..

Gazoo

phukudmss said:
I don't know why but its taking me forever to snip it out!! What should i use if I want to tap it out? i dont have a wooden dowel at the moment..

Is your cutter sharp? On firm snip should be all it takes. The other idea is a dremel tool or hack saw. The only reason I don't use the dowel method is because I am afraid of breaking it.

It is pretty sharp but I'm guessing its probably not sharp enough. I also am a little scared about the dowel method because one wrong move and all that moneys wasted. unlesss i just put back the dvd drive together and exchange it hehehehe. i should try to use a saw. it should work quicker than this.

Gazoo

Use the force Luke....ha..ha. Take your time. I know you can set it free...lol.

Kenom

I don't know if you have watched my movie on removing the diode. IF not you should. It is fairly simple. Using the side cutters or dikes or whatever, cut the metal up to the diode. then move to the other side and the two halves should just peel off like an egg shell, freeing the diode. that metal is very soft and should just cut very easily. try to stay away from vibrations that are large or forcefull as it may damage the diode. You've done good so far in removing it the way that you have.

The tool you need is this:

Attachments

• se351dc6.jpg
    se351dc6.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 110
S

SenKat

Definitely take your time with it - I KNOW it is frustrating, BIG time ! But, it will all be worth it, man ! Uhm...one thing...have you tested (I haven't scrolled back through the posts) to see if it IS the red diode, and not the IR one ? (GULP !) If not, uhm....now would be a good time to do that !

Kenom

Now I've uploaded your diode picture and indicated with lines where to cut into the metal. DO NOT CUT INTO THE DIODE.

Attachments

• diode_front_001.jpg
    diode_front_001.jpg
    216.1 KB · Views: 157

Kenom

just cut slowly. snip one side then go to the other side. if you don't get it all the way work it one side then the other over and over again. cut a small amount out then cut some more

SenKat said:
Definitely take your time with it - I KNOW it is frustrating, BIG time ! But, it will all be worth it, man ! Uhm...one thing...have you tested (I haven't scrolled back through the posts) to see if it IS the red diode, and not the IR one ? (GULP !) If not, uhm....now would be a good time to do that !
Yup i have. this one is a red laser diode. Oh yea and that tool was what I was using.

S

SenKat

Patience, young grasshopper :) You;ll get it, and then be bathing everything in gorgeous red laser radiation soon !

Gazoo

You have gathered quite a good audience. We are all awaiting to applaud you when you set the diode free.

Kenom

SenKat said:
Patience, young grasshopper :)  You;ll get it, and then be bathing everything in gorgeous red laser radiation soon !

It should be grassoppa! we are indeed captivated awaiting your sucess.

Success! Whoo! Now I gotta desolder that little board off! Hopefully by next week I can get a casing for this so I can show the finished project! Ugh I'm so close! I hate waiting! :D

Attachments

• laser_001.jpg
    laser_001.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 202

Kenom

congratulations. nippers worked? what did you do to get it out???