Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Can't see the beam

Tmack

Whenever is fine. I'll ship it back the next day with results. And I'll email you a video

IsaacT

Check your battery first. When I shipped it it was burning stuff like crazy. Remember to focus it to a point. But most of all check the batts. I am on a date night tonight but if you will send me a picture of the battery you are using and how long you have had the battery and how long you charged it last I will be glad to help out. If you need to ship it to anyone, ship it back to me so I can trouble shoot my own build.

PS- Lazeerer LPM'd this at 950mW with a G2 and I metered it at 700mW with the 3 element.

Last edited:
I tried three different batteries an unprotected NCR18650B. A Keepower 3400mah and an AW 3400mah. NCR is flat top and about a month old. Keeppower I got at the same time as the NCR. AW I got last October. AW has 10 cycles on it max. Other two cells maybe have 3 cycles on them. Can't send pic messages while I'm in canada otherwise I would. Batteries were just charged a couple days ago and are all resting at ~4.15v

IsaacT

If you would like to ship it back to me you may. I will check to see that no overheating or reverse current occured. After that I will remeter it and if there are any issues I will see if I can fix it. I am not sure why you are having issues but I wish you had messaged me with the specifics instead of putting it on the open forum. At least a heads up that you had made a thread.

I can see the beam in a dark room or at night on my 400mw 405nm laser easy.. And its actually prolly underspec anyways im not sure..

IsaacT

It is on spec. If I am not trusted here at least Lazeerer is. I can show a picture of his spectrometer graph with his handwritten measurements on his LPM.

Encap

If you would like to ship it back to me you may. I will check to see that no overheating or reverse current occured. After that I will remeter it and if there are any issues I will see if I can fix it. I am not sure why you are having issues but I wish you had messaged me with the specifics instead of putting it on the open forum. At least a heads up that you had made a thread.

Matt:
What he is saying is right. 1st thing, you should have contacted wannaburnstuff about any problem---he created it and is a 100% straight up guy well known here. He is the person best able to trouble shoot or repair it for you. Send it to him so he can take a look at it.

Last edited:

IsaacT

Okay,

So MattM15 sent me back the laser I sold him, and after looking at it and talking with him it really just looks like we got an untimely death for the diode. I talked with him and Angelos and we got a new diode that does 920mW at 562mA at 408nm. God I love buying diodes from Angelos. DTR is great, but a spectrometer reading and LPM printout of performance is very very nice.

I just got the diode in the night before last and have been busy with work, but I got off late today and decided to squeeze it in before bedtime. I just finished the replacement laser and took a photo and a video as sort of a proof of life.

Photo:

Video:

Thanks for looking, MattM15 I will send your laser out Monday. I would do it tomorrow but I work the entire time the post office is open.

Thanks again for your patience with this, I am glad I was able to get everything straightened out.

-Isaac

EDIT: As of right now, video is 75% uploaded to youtube. When yall do see it, please turn off the sound after I talk about the date on my cell phone. No need for yall to hear me blowing out matches awkwardly.

EDIT No. 2: HUGE!!!! WHEN I REMADE IT I WENT AHEAD AND MADE IT CASE NEGATIVE SO THAT IT WILL BE TYPICAL OF DIODE LASERS. No longer is it case positive, so that negative will be facing the tailcap. I thought this would help avoid any confusion in the future when you get more lasers.

Last edited:

Encap

The rebuild looks great wannaburnstuff. Nice laser!

Matt15 should be very happy with your repair and integrity!

Tmack

No question Wannaburnstuff would take care of it :)
I've bought from him before and he's a great guy.
Good to hear.

I've tried contacting Angelos about these but never get a response :(
I need one for the marble zasers set.

405 nm is nowhere near the edge of what humans can see (unless you're old or have cataracts). The edge is between 310 and 302. At 302 you just see eye fluorescence, and even then it needs to be very bright and your eyes need to be dark-adapted. At 310 you can read most of the letters on a Snellen (eye) chart so long as it's a miniature version 4 inches from your eyes. At 6 inches things look a little blurry.

At 334 nm things look way better.

Textbooks and encyclopedias are just giving you the oversimplified version of the story.

At 405 nm you need about 185 times as much power as at 532 nm to look as bright, but it's still totally visible.

Just got the laser today. Works like a charm. I appreciate Wannaburnstuff for taking care of everything. He's A+ in my book!