Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

Laser Pointer Store

Can this charge the 32600 battery?!

DrMario

Livinloud, I agree 100%. Or Lithium Iron Phosphate battery if the laser can take lower voltage (my laser does).

Tmack

True but still, I have learned not to underestimate the stupid people when it comes to that, they could jury-rig the battery holder and wire up to cheap charger anyways thinking they would save a lot money.... But, I am glad that the OP asked instead, as asking the question would save you a lot of trouble.

Money is not the issue. Sourcing a charger is. So call me stupid all you like. It's not your safety to worry about.

DrMario

Whoa... I wouldn't call you stupid... When I said "stupid people", I didn't imply you, honestly.

If anyone want to ban me over that, I guess I will accept that.

Tmack

I wasn't implying you should be. I was just saying if there ws a charger that could handle them, I'd gladly buy it. But till then , " jury rigging" is my only way to charge. :)

DrMario

If you have good charger, that's all good.

When I have first learned about how to use Lithium-ion batteries, I have found that danger is not in the jury-rigging practice (after all, I do that too to check if the fresh battery's good to be welded into pack), but rather in the charger. Some cheap charger may actually have beefy transistors, other don't - the transistors are the most important part of the charger which control CV/CC charging mode while withstanding the current drawing.

EDIT: The charger 747 asked about would be able to charge 32600 battery - just be sure the battery holder can handle about 7 Amps max or more for safety. 1.5 to 2 Amps (divided by "mAh" / "Ah" to get 0.5 C rating).

Last edited:

Tmack

Ever heard of aweite, eh, or sibeile, brand cells. I need one IMR 10440 for sinners new hosts no found those brands. The sibeil are high drain .

You seem to be knowledgable in the area, and I was just having a little dilemma on which to get.

DrMario

I will try looking for one - even though on first glance, the 10440 isn't as spectacular as far as current capacity goes, but hey, if if works fine use it.

EDIT: Found AW 10440 battery at http://www.lighthound.com/AW-10440-Unprotected-Rechargeable-Lithium-Battery_p_94.html - I may want to test it to see if it's the real deal - I will keep looking and keep a list of candidate battery. (I promise, no BoomFire. I dislike that brand anyways.) What laser module are you using, if you don't mind telling me so I can test the battery at the current consumption requested.

Last edited:

Tmack

I hear you, they are tiny, but that's what sinners new pen hosts take and I bought 5 of them , so I need to go 10440 shopping . I ordered 1 two cell version , and 4 one cell versions, so six cells in total. I was just wondering if anyone hear of those brands.

DrMario

Found a few, and I bookmarked them so I will review the ratings to recommend where to get. Or if you rather, I would buy one to test.

Tmack

Just found some efest ones too. All the cells I found are us sellers. Oh don't go to any trouble, I just never heard those brand names.

Very nice gesture though ......call me stupid anytime hahaha.

Livinloud

Love where this is going, keep it up guys! So we already took a right, shall we take a left now or keep straight?

Last edited:

DrMario

Nah, I am good.

I do care about safety (call me paranoid), so I had to collect enough weblinks for candidate battery to buy then I can recommend some after identifying one of them to be actual IMR battery (both battery temperature readout and current holdoff).

Last edited:

Tmack

Keep straight till I find some good 10440 from the states. Then left at Albuquerque

Tmack

Hey good prices too. I'm about to order 6 ..

Have you ordered form there before Sean?

Livinloud

I have indeed. Its run by RMM (BLF member) GREAT GUY with super fast shipping! He does it as a side gig to give flashlight guys over on BLF a better price (kinda like what I'm doing with the C6 heatsinks and custom anodizing). I just got 6x 16340s last week