Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Can someone with a power meter test a BR at 140ma

Can someone with a power meter test an 803T at 140 or 150ma? (preferably 140ma) I'm wondering how many mW you get with and with out a clear plastic lens. And if someone has a 405nm AR coated lens. That would be great too.

daguin

Re: Can someone with a power meter test a BR at 14

Midknight said:
Can someone with a power meter test an 803T at 140 or 150ma? (preferably 140ma) I'm wondering how many mW you get with and with out a clear plastic lens. And if someone has a 405nm AR coated lens. That would be great too.

There are several places in the forum where this info is available. 140mA will get you about 115-120mW after clear acrylic lens. No one has a 405nm AR coated lens except maybe IgorT right now.

Peace,
dave

IgorT

I tested several diodes at 143mA this week.. One did 112mW, another did 128mW and one did 134mW.

But these diodes were already tested at a lower current and sorted into power ranges. So the reason i got high powers was, because i selected diodes, for which i knew they would do good. And even so one came out lower than expected.. Their behavior is not linear, so even when you have info on one diode, you can't just calculate the power.

There are also diodes, that would only do 100mW at 143mA. They vary too much for the power to be deducted from the current. All diodes vary from one to another, but the PHRs vary more than usual.

Kenom

This is true with any laser diode. Never will you get the same readings from different diodes at exactly the same current. it just isn't going to happen as each diode has it's own characteristics. Even the red 660nm diodes.

IgorT

Yeah. But weaker diodes vary a bit more.

I would imagine, that 6x vary less.. GooeyGus should know more about that.. ::)