Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

can someone tell me?

kinez

Is it possible that handheld laser cut steel for example 1mm in 20sec? if it is possible how strong must it be and where can i buy it?

Um...no, you can't currently get a "Handheld" laser of that strength.

It would warm up way to fast :beer:

Don't think it's possible or practical with current technology. Most cutting applications require a laser in the 40+ Watt range. The only kind of laser your going to get that has that much power is a Co2 laser and those are large, expensive, and require lots of power and cooling.

kinez

and can you give some example of laser that can cut metal please

djQUAN

what are you thinking of cutting?

vending machine? arcade game?

kinez

well i need to drill a hole in steel about 3-5mm from 4-5 meters. is it possible to get that strong laser?

well i need to drill a hole in steel about 3-5mm from 4-5 meters. is it possible to get that strong laser?

No, even the industrial cutting lasers use very short cutting distances because of divergence and optics imperfections.

I would strongly suggest you look for alternative means of solving your problem.

3 mm hole from 4 to 5 meters away in steel SMH in a handheld ,not unless you have a nuclear power supply in that handheld and it's the size of a down pipe for a gutter of your house .And your wearing protective everything lol ...

Along those lines, you can get drill extensions that will fit one into the next. Then in the last one attach
your #31 or #32 drill bit.

let me say that what ever you are doing is probably not unique. Don't try to reinvent the wheel. While lasers are cool, use a product that actually works for what you need.

Michael.

burnct

Plasma cutter is a great invention for cutting steel =D. I'm afraid there isn't a need for a laser to do this.

Plasma cutter is a great invention for cutting steel =D. I'm afraid there isn't a need for a laser to do this.

Weeeeellllll . . ... . . . I guess you have never heard of TRUMPF because they are making
millions of dollars building lasers for doing just that.