Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Can someone help put me in contact with RHD?

RHD has been inactive in the forum for a long time, but he created a great online tool to compare the relative brightness of laser wavelengths to the eye. His online tool no longer works and I would like to see if I can host it.

Here is the link which no longer works: http://lsrtools.1apps.com/relativebrightness/?nm1=445&mw1=1&nm2=465&mw2=1&useRaleigh=on

I have tried to reach out to him through PM twice in the past, no response.

Last edited:

GSS

Alaskan, I just tried and it says I need to sign up for some free hosting network??
Did you figure it out?

IsaacT

RHD has been inactive in the forum for a long time, but he created a great online tool to compare the relative brightness of laser wavelengths to the eye. His online tool no longer works and I would like to see if I can host it.

Here is the link which no longer works: http://lsrtools.1apps.com/relativebrightness/?nm1=445&mw1=1&nm2=465&mw2=1&useRaleigh=on

I have tried to reach out to him through PM twice in the past, no response.

I tracked down an email of his from one of our prior interactions and sent him an email to ask about if that would be possible. Not sure if it is one he still checks but I will update you guys if I get a response. I would also love to see some of his calculators brought back to the light of day.

Anthony P

This is a link to something similar. Have to download it to run it. It may be a predecessor of the one you are looking for.

Great, thank you all. I don't have the relative brightness calculator to upload anywhere, RHD created it. I will take a look at the link Anthony :)

GSS

This is a link to something similar. Have to download it to run it. It may be a predecessor of the one you are looking for.
Thanks Anthony.
I started the download and got a un secure possible malicious sight warning and quickly discarded it..
I'm not saying it's a bad sight but i'm still suspicious and weary of any link as a month ago my laptop went into I guess I would call it a hostile takeover attempt and freezing me out with a screaming alarm sound:(. Toshiba's reps took a good 24 hours to "clean" or look at every single link I ever visited??
To be honest i'm not even sure that Toshiba sight was legit also?? It comes from me getting a very first laptop 5 years ago in my 50's and I don't know what means what.. I'm still getting 100's of malicious links popping up on the bottom right of my screen daily and don't know how to stop them. I'm just still to "Shell Shocked" to try it:LOL:

I downloaded it and started to open it, but became concerned it might not be legit, or who knows what kind of spam that program might wrap me up into, if it took control of my OS, I've had that happen before and kept getting pop-ups and redirects to advertising, so I didn't let it install, stopped it. I guess we both shied off of going through with it after seeing that warning. I saw that same message as a possible malicious site, started to ignore the warning, but as you know, finally backed off on using it.

GSS

Yup, looks like we saw the exact same thing. I also just let almost let it go but caught it, "I think":whistle:

Anthony P

I tried the calc without any problems. For some reason I can't get a screen snapshot, but it worked fine.
I sincerely hope it did not cause any issues for you guys.

It's most likely fine, just being cautious. I don't assume it has a problem just because my browser warned me, lots of reasons that flag can come.

GSS

I tried the calc without any problems. For some reason I can't get a screen snapshot, but it worked fine.
I sincerely hope it did not cause any issues for you guys.
No No Anthony.
Like I had said i'm just shell shocked;)
Really thanks for the link...:)

Spoomples

Here's a clunky version of the website I scraped together this afternoon

Attachments

• laser_calc.zip
    5.6 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
Thank you, what makes it clunky? I don't know how to implement this for use, or how to use it. Is this meant to be what is needed to put it on a web site, or as a stand alone one to use on a PC?

Spoomples

It should work in both of those situations. You just need to open index.html to run it.