Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Can I pay with paypal on FastTech also is a 120mW green laser good for burning

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mustangman1

And to me it doesn't seem as counter-intuitive as it sounds, as if you're responsible enough to use a soldering iron/tools the chances are marginally higher you're not big enough of an idiot to shine it at planes.

Where did that come from?

Where did that come from?

sorry haha offtopic there. Just a little frustrated with the crazy laws on laser imports and the whole attacks on planes things.

Speaking of which your module should be just fine, although you might want to double check if you've got a spring on the Fasttech module (last I checked none of the green modules had a spring).

NKO29

Idk where the thread is, it's months old ;) Not to mention it was me asking for help, not much useful info to be seen there. I used a c6 host from memory :)

M

mustangman1

sorry haha offtopic there. Just a little frustrated with the crazy laws on laser imports and the whole attacks on planes things.

Speaking of which your module should be just fine, although you might want to double check if you've got a spring on the Fasttech module (last I checked none of the green modules had a spring).

Well I think I just want a 5mW one from FastTech as a play around first build but nah no spring on the one I want :(

NKO29

I always make spring contacts from pen springs :D they can be very difficult to solder to though :(

Well I think I just want a 5mW one from FastTech as a play around first build but nah no spring on the one I want :(

Oh that post wasn't directed at you (the whole thing about dumb idiots and planes. Unless you've intentionally hit a plane with one then judgement not reserved).

But yeah, modules are good and easy to play with. Just hook up the right voltage and watch it go. If you've got an Eclipse mint tin those can be fairly good makeshift hosts. A few holes here and there, some fishing wire, voila!

Pen springs are pretty difficult to solder tho. Try sanding them a little first, and be careful of heating up the module too much.

M

mustangman1

Oh that post wasn't directed at you (the whole thing about dumb idiots and planes. Unless you've intentionally hit a plane with one then judgement not reserved).

But yeah, modules are good and easy to play with. Just hook up the right voltage and watch it go. If you've got an Eclipse mint tin those can be fairly good makeshift hosts. A few holes here and there, some fishing wire, voila!

Pen springs are pretty difficult to solder tho. Try sanding them a little first, and be careful of heating up the module too much.

Ok I know what I am going to do BUT I will need safety glasses so have you got any suggestions for really cheap but really protecting against red 650nm and green 532nm lasers.

You cant deactivate an account MUHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!! LPF is forever man, just keep your account as is and if you ever need more help then your account is here :beer:

daguin

I can "ban" your user name/account, if you desire, but the threads remain.

Once something is posted in the boards, and it has garnered responses from other members, they are not deleted

Let me know if you want the account banned

Otherwise, just let it sit.
The threads will quickly slip down the page if no one replies on them

Peace,
dave

Status
Not open for further replies.