Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Can I make a request?

Okay, so it has been bothering me for a while, signatures that are 20-30 lines long!

Honestly, can we keep signatures to 2-3 lines max, and in regular font, not size 100 bold underlined italic red? It gets really annoying when someone posts a 1 line message and then their sig takes up way more space.

We do not need to know every laser you are buying, thinking about buying, want to buy, or have owned, put that in your user profile. If you want an example of what I mean, go check out Tech_Junkie's user profile. He made a nice post where anyone who visits his profile can read about him.

Sorry, I just needed to rant about this, it is really annoying and I think it should stop.

^ I agree. I also think should also be a size limit on graphics in sigs; nothing pisses me off more than a sig picture that takes up half my screen. I'm only able to get 1024x768 on my comp(ubuntu limitation?), some sig graphics are atrociously large...

Last edited:

ZRTMWA

Hahaha, great thread Laser_Ben. Here is somthing I posted on November 3, It's like you read my mind:

Your sig is really big ultimatehacker, you might want to size that down although there are others who are bigger.

I just think people should have smaller signatures. Ultimatehacker is one of the worst.

Jaseth

2-3 lines is a bit extreme.. I would say keep them to 10 lines max. Do you guys have very very small screens since it annoys you so much?
Even with this 5-line post and my 7-line signature, it still does not fill out all the space of a post.. I could make my signature at least 10 lines long and it would still fit and make no difference.

Seb

Last edited:
I don't think there is anything wrong with being proud of the lasers you own, or givin' someones' shop an advertising plug. Personally, I LIKE reading & looking at all the members sigs. Some make me laugh, some give me ideas, & some make me drool with envy. Just my nickel's worth, 'cause I give MORE than 2 cents. HA HA HA !!!!

So far IMHO this is the best answer to this question, good going Phoenix !

I don't think there is anything wrong with being proud of the lasers you own, or givin' someones' shop an advertising plug. Personally, I LIKE reading & looking at all the members sigs. Some make me laugh, some give me ideas, & some make me drool with envy. Just my nickel's worth, 'cause I give MORE than 2 cents. HA HA HA !!!!

I must agree with phoenix77... (well put...;))
This is a Laser Forum and not a business where everything must be
100% efficient...
The members are proud to show off their Laser Related "equipment" and "toys"...
After all is that not part of the reason we are here... It's like "Show & Tell"...IMO

BTW... it is easy to use the #1 Font and squeeze the text down...
This whole post including my rather large Sig doesn't fill up my screen and
I'm using 1024 X 768...

Jerry

Last edited:
LOL!! I hate long, obnoxious sigs too.. especially when they're all multicolored... and the huge FONTS!!

:crackup::crackup:...ROFLMAO......:crackup:

I hate the dead spaces....:san:

Jerry

LOL!! I hate long, obnoxious sigs too.. especially when they're all multicolored... and the huge FONTS!!

Futurama_Fry_Looking_Squint.jpg

:na: :D :na:

Last edited:

ZRTMWA

The problem arises when a member has a giant sig and it is not telling what lasers you have or advertising a laser product. Do you still really find someone's giant sig hilarious after you've read it 100 times?

D

Deleted member 8382

what about using the space on the right part too? I mean for instance, flaminpyro could put the photo in the right etc... Not that I agree with 2 lines sigs, but it's true that it's sometimes annoying.

Mine for instance just fills the space on my post which would be empty in case I reduced it, so who cares.

what about using the space on the right part too? I mean for instance, flaminpyro could put the photo in the right etc... Not that I agree with 2 lines sigs, but it's true that it's sometimes annoying.

Mine for instance just fills the space on my post which would be empty in case I reduced it, so who cares.

I'm going to have to charge you for using that idea :whistle:

A BIG THANK YOU to the guys who posted in support of my suggestion/opinion. :beer: The rest of you can go to hell, :na: HA HA HA ! JUST KIDDING, :crackup: :crackup: :crackup: Don't get your panties in a bunch, LOL :tsk:
rob :angel: