Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

can anyone please go over my 445nm 1W wiring guide

Jmax

this is my first project and have some understanding of electrical components. i drew up a wiring guide and was wondering if it was correct. any imput would be much appreciated!:beer:

Attachments

• photo(1).JPG
    photo(1).JPG
    174.9 KB · Views: 391

I don't understand most of that. Why not just use a voltage regulator and a 1ohm resistor and get 1.25A?

Jmax

yeah i dont understand most of it either:/ i got a 1.2ohm resistor connected to my 6v battery pack on the positive lead btwn the bpack and driver.. i have a multimeter too but im just learning how to use it. im probably making this more difficult than it should be

According to their page, "Input voltage :3.7-4.2V" You've got 6V. No resistor is needed.

Jmax

Thanks cyparagon! So I can go straight to the driver with 6V? I tried the voltage regulator but I got a really weak beam.. Not the cigarette burning sun ray I was hoping for:/

Jmax

4aaa batts producing 6v can go directly into my aixiz driver w/o overload?

Last edited:
this is my first project and have some understanding of electrical components. i drew up a wiring guide and was wondering if it was correct. any imput would be much appreciated!:beer:

I also see that you have 4 X 1.5V = 6VDC as the input...
The Driver says it needs 3.7VDC to 4.2VDC as the input...

Get rid of the resistor and one battery. That would give
you 3 X 1.5V = 4.5VDC and should work....

Jerry

Jmax

Thank you very much Jerry! I'll try that . Hopefully ill be able light something on fire this time!

Jmax

All I have to say is Jerry(lasersbee) is super awesome. Who knew that the solution would be so simple! Thanks again to all who helped guide me in building my first ( but definately not last)1W laser! :beer:Ill be posting photos of it soon... :lasergun:

Helios

Your still probably not at full power since your using AAA cells. You really need a higher discharge battery like a 18650 to achieve full power. Before buying one of these though make sure to read up on lithium ion dangers and safety.

^^^Agreed. Plus that driver never hits 1A. let alone with AAA 1.5v cells.

Do you have this driver already or are you going to buy it.?

Jmax

@Helios Yeah I looked into 18650 liion batteries! They wont fit in my module though! plus their $11 ea but I'll definitely get em for the next project/ module. @laseerer. Yes I have already bought and installed my driver/diode into my novelty lighter module. However I am looking at sufferer wavelengths/powers for my next project.

Jmax

@ laseerer: This looks rediculously powerful.->445nm 2.17 Watts in custom SF NF-009 Host-

Helios

Look out for double posting people dont like that here.

With the AAAs you are running no where near the diodes potential. Seems like a waste to me but to each their own.

Jmax

I hear that I'm going to upgrade to the 18650 soon.. Can u enlighten me on tHe double posting. Not sure what I'm doing...Damn the newbs! Lmao:eg:

Helios

I hear that I'm going to upgrade to the 18650 soon.. Can u enlighten me on tHe double posting. Not sure what I'm doing...Damn the newbs! Lmao:eg:

When you post something and then you post something again in the same thread so you have two posts in a row. Its a rule to avoid people making multiple posts just to up their post count. instead just click the edit button and add what ever you decide to say later.