Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

c6 m140 diode diode build not working help!!

Im having problems with my laser build..i have the laser and driver and its all working well but when I put it into my c6 cree flashlight host it doesn't receive power and work..i uploaded a video showing it working without the host..then it not working with it..please watch it and let me know how I can fix it...Thanks!!

heres the video link!

Help me laser problems! - YouTube

Have you got a DMM ?? test the contacts, could be a dry solder joint or a bad connection in the pill, Unsolder the contact board and re solder it making sure you have a good solder joint

Im having problems with my laser build..i have the laser and driver and its all working well but when I put it into my c6 cree flashlight host it doesn't receive power and work..i uploaded a video showing it working without the host..then it not working with it..please watch it and let me know how I can fix it...Thanks!!

heres the video link!

Help me laser problems! - YouTube

could i have the list of componets you used please :thanks:

whats a DMM? and you want me to unsolder the solder that connects to the blank driver to the ring?

Scrap that, DMM = Digital Multi Meter, just need to make sure that a current is going from the center on the contact board to the red wire and the outer ring to the other wire

it could be the batteries arent making contact with blank, give the host a little shake to see if the batts are loose

the batteries aren't loose at all, there in well...but when I was adding solder to the board I might have had it on the blank battery contact board for too long..is it possible that I burnt out the blank board?

no, no probs with that, it could be that solder went on to the middle of the contact board creating a short. The problem appears to be with the pill. Try get hold of a DMM an dput it in to continous mode, touch the center with one prong and the red wire with the other if it beeps that's ok, try it with the outer ring and the black wire

First thing I would try is to fill a pool of solder over the positive inner circle of your battery contact board. Also to eliminate tail cap issues place a piece of aluminum foil over the negative side of your second battery and let some hang over the threads... then screw your tail cap on.

If that is not the case your will have to pop out your contact board and double check it again.

Also please use heatshrink if possible. seeing the electrical tape like that is extremely risky.

the other thing is that you said you tried the batteries both ways (both + up & both + down). There is a chance that can cause some damage to the driver.

If you have to pop the contact board back out please take a picture and show us before you press it back in there.

If your batteries were shorting out then things would be getting hot quick until something finally acts like a fuse or catches on fire.

Last edited:
I tried a pool of solder and aluminum foil and it still doesn't work....the laser works fine because I hooked it up to a power source and it still works BUT in the flashlight host it does not work..is it possible that the blank battery contact is burnt out or broken?

ok try this....

take a piece of wire and solder to the outer ring of contact board. then cut it to the length of around 3/8" and have it sticking out and laying on the threads of the pill. then screw it in and try it. make sure it is tight and as close to the outer edge as possible so you will not short the battery.

here is a flashlight driver I did it on just to show you what I mean. You want only a few strands so you dont damage threads but this will give your ground direct contact with the host.

rps20130719_172245_258_zps72540a4c.jpg

If this does not work then you will have to pop the contact board back out and determine what is wrong.

You really need a DMM to test the pill, that seems like the constant that doesn't work, it's more than likely, it's not getting a ground

Looks to me like its either an issue with the soldering on the contact board or your tail switch is messed up. Try bypassing the switch entirely with a piece of metal and see if you can turn it on like that. If it works then your switch is bad. If not then I would say its a 90% likelihood of having an issue with how your contact board is soldered.

Also, you may want to do something about those super long lead wires coming from your driver. You generally want all wires as short as possible. They would not be the cause of the laser not functioning though.

As Kookapeli mentioned, a DMM is pretty much essential if you plan to make lasers in any degree. For that matter a DMM is essential if you want to work with anything electrical...

Last edited:
Put the batteries in the laser like normal. Then use a screw driver or something metal and instead of putting on the tail cap just bridge the end of the battery to the threads around it.

yea I tried that with the screw driver and it still doesn't turn on...so that means the the blank battery contact is burnt out right?