Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Buying Naked Diodes

G'Day there again folks. So yesterday I managed to get my 300mw 808nm infrared laser running. I made it by buying the diode, and the housing, and each part individually off eBay. Basically its not burning anything yet, (due to either batteries not rated to put out enough mA, or just scummy Hong Kong sellers not knowing the true output (Which is a possibility because I contacted them, and they didnt even have a model number for what they were selling. -.-))

Anyhow, I'm not asking about that. I've made my first laser work, using a cheap diode, and now I want to make another cheap laser, (either green, blue, or violet) by purchasing the diode, housing, and everything separately and making a nice project out of it. (Because lets be honest, whats the joy in just buying a laser, when all you have to do is push a button.)

So the question I am posing is: "Where do you guys know that I can find a relatively strong green, blue, or violet laser diode for under $20?

I don't want it already in a housing. Just a diode. Also, it must be 5.6mm diode. :) As for power outputs, obviously higher is better, but I cant go too expensive.

PS: If anyone even mentions safety, or safety glasses in this thread, I'm going to punch a wall. This site seems to have a subset of old farts who find joy in telling people that they shouldn't build lasers because they could possibly harm them self, rather than offering advice.

Thank you very much! You're a saint.

im willing to overlook the safety part because you sound like a top guy and wasn't like: "You fukn N00b, get goggles"

Cheers.

PS: If anyone even mentions safety, or safety glasses in this thread, I'm going to punch a wall. This site seems to have a subset of old farts who find joy in telling people that they shouldn't build lasers because they could possibly harm them self, rather than offering advice.

You freaking n00b, get yourself some safety goggles! You'll blind yourself or others if you don't.

Viodetape, and post wall punching please :na:

ARG

Thank you very much! You're a saint.

im willing to overlook the safety part because you sound like a top guy and wasn't like: "You fukn N00b, get goggles"

Cheers.

No problem :D The safety part was a joke ;) I just wanted that wall to get roughed up :whistle:

You will shoot your eye out kid. Let the wall punching begin but start the video camera first:crackup: