Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

buying a good blue laser.....?

Hey guys. OP here again. I live in NY. Can you guys recommend any good forum members that deal with the lasers recommended above? I see that Joker is not in the USA, so it might be a bit tricky to get something here I'm guessing. Thanks again.
If this post is in any way wrong of me, please mods remove it and let me know why. Thank you guys for all the help so far. I am slowly(ok, quickly) becoming obsessed.....

dave

The Joker can easily ship to usa got mine hassle free in about a week an a half. As for blues there are a lot of people myself included who sell then in the buy sell trade sections. Apexproxy live in California I think.

Last edited:

How about any blue lasers that don't have that "flashlight" shape looking host? This may sound silly, but i really dig the more barrel looking hosts slim lined in shape like the more expensive ones that seem like they don't have good heat sinking? Any other recommendations for what to look for? Thanks again

dave

NO4H99

Most blue lasers built by members will look like flashlights because they were originally flashlight hosts. You're other options would be finding a slimmer flashlight host, having a member like Eud or Sinner make your a custom host, or getting a factory-produced laser.

Take a look at a C6 host, its one of the most popular and is very small, I think of it as something in between a pen and flashlight size. Its also very easy to put one together yourself from all off the shelf parts. Here is one example: http://laserpointerforums.com/f65/assembled-m140-c6-pic-heavy-83543.html you can see from the photos just how small it is. There are lots of other build threads here to read and learn everything you need to know.

Alan

Wow, now were getting there. Thanks all for all your help. I will be reading now, as much as I can. I really like some of the 18650 size hosts Ive been seeing like on Jayrobs kit threads, and im thinking maybe i should go that way so I can really get specifically what I want....?....I don't know, like i said i have a lot more reading to do now, but some of those little polished hosts look incredible, and i think i can handle assembling one if I need to order separate parts. Oh well, we'll see. Thanks again for all the advice, this site is amazing. I know I will learn an immense amount of knowledge from you guys.

dave

honeyx

I would also take the C6 host. There are even some smaller builds but the C6 host can take one of the 18650 batteries and is still small enough to fit into a pocket. You can order the diode, Axiz module and driver from DTR for a really good price. So almost everything you need to build such a laser.

How about that SS 18650 kit host that Jayrob sells? That thing looks like a mini polished light saber! Or should i stay away from this and go with the C6 host, but perhaps its the same thing if they both accept the 18650.......Im still reading and learning as we speak so bare with me. So far that is my favorite...

dave

honeyx

It´s nearly the same like a C6 host just made of stainless steel, so you can get this too. It´s not exactly the same but very simmilar to a c6 host and indeed very nice looking :)

Last edited:
sweet. Thanks. i will look into this and some other ideas. Keep the suggestions coming!
dave

How about this one? Premade $150 + $5 shipping? Holster comes free
Specs:
Host: Survival Laser 1,000 Lumen Tactical Flashlight or C6 host
Diode: M140
Lens: Three Element Glass lens
Battery: 2x18350(Not Included)
Price: $150
Duty Cycle: 45 sec on 60 sec off

8514-hdr-00024-0.jpg

power is 1.8 watt

8515-dsc-0042.jpg

Thats pretty cool. I do prefer a nice stainless shiny one as opposed to black though. I appreciate that though. I will keep looking and reading.