Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

burning

Thanks GSS
SPYDER 3 krypton 532nm @750Mw - 1 w he said FOR 100 6INCH RED BALLOONS hMmmM

the links are general i was just asking what was the best for the challenge, maybe i should save up and get what he has...
but its $500

challenger is 535nm 800mw for $188

Nah dude - don't get what the record holder got - you can get something that'll suit better for much less money. WickedLasers (the company that makes the record-attempt guy's laser) overcharges and is outperformed by better lasers from other manufacturers.

Best for that challenge will be something with a nice tight beam with 1+W (1000mW+) of power. Make sure you also get some appropriate safety goggles, as this amount of laser power is easily enough to permanently blind you. Something like the Eagle Pair goggles from SurvivalLaser in the US is recommended. In terms of the wavelength (in nanometres, or nm), this determines the colour, with blue lasers from 450-490nm, green from 500-560nm and red from 600-700nm. This is a personal preference that you can choose - though the best for the challenge will no doubt be Blue lasers (455nm) as they have the best bang for your buck.

Perhaps something like the JetLasers PL-E Pro with 2 or 3 watts of power? Other forum members might have a good suggestion or two.

I hope you find what you're looking for :) Good luck.

Reactions: GSS

GSS

Yup didn't mention the 532's as at anything around 800mw is going to be expensive..
I still can't find the challenger with a 535nm at 800mw??

Nah dude - don't get what the record holder got - you can get something that'll suit better for much less money. WickedLasers (the company that makes the record-attempt guy's laser) overcharges and is outperformed by better lasers from other manufacturers.

Best for that challenge will be something with a nice tight beam with 1+W (1000mW+) of power. Make sure you also get some appropriate safety goggles, as this amount of laser power is easily enough to permanently blind you. Something like the Eagle Pair goggles from SurvivalLaser in the US is recommended. In terms of the wavelength (in nanometres, or nm), this determines the colour, with blue lasers from 450-490nm, green from 500-560nm and red from 600-700nm. This is a personal preference that you can choose - though the best for the challenge will no doubt be Blue lasers (455nm) as they have the best bang for your buck.

Perhaps something like the JetLasers PL-E Pro with 2 or 3 watts of power? Other forum members might have a good suggestion or two.

I hope you find what you're looking for :) Good luck.
yeah i looked at it
i have goggles glasses somewhere what came with the other laser [ green light i think it was ] so it wont do will it.....
how do i know what my glasses will be ok for ?~

maybe this will do the trick huh

jetlasersPL-EPro 1.6watt 445nm with battery and charger 167 euros

Last edited:
Make sure to wear some good quality laser safety glasses that attenuate the wavelength you are working with, you only get one pair of eyeballs.

Here's a link below where many of us get ours and they give you good protection but you have to be wearing them .........Duhh I know, but seriously please do protect your eyesight, I don't want to hear about anyone here getting wrecked.

Reactions: GSS
Make sure to wear some good quality laser safety glasses that attenuate the wavelength you are working with, you only get one pair of eyeballs.

Here's a link below where many of us get ours and they give you good protection but you have to be wearing them .........Duhh I know, but seriously please do protect your eyesight, I don't want to hear about anyone here getting wrecked.

these ok

?

I have used those cheap Chinese glasses before but when doing wood burning art up close I doubled them up by gluing two together, but then I bought a pair of eagle pair from survival at that link I posted and not only did they do a better job ( zero blue visible ) but the visible light transmission was also better, so those are better than nothing and will likely be sufficient but some of those cheap glasses are better than others and they simply use a stock image, so what you get may be ok or may be from a poor dye lot, but the eagle pair at survival are going to be good every time.

So something is almost always better than nothing but our eyes are important enough to spend the extra money.

woohoooooooooooooooooooo

just got 2 from sanwu , a 80mw 532nm and a 100mw 405nm :) v good prices

Last edited: