Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

building first scanner, need help

Those modules are wall powered, meaning they take anywhere from 90-240 VAC. You can just plug the into a wall socket, but you'll need to solder a cord onto it. Whenever you get it, PM me and I'll tell you exactly how to do it.

There are also two other wires (or a connection point for two wires) that provide an input for TTL blanking. You'll connect these wires to the green laser output of your DAC.

They're decent modules. Most of them will provide over 100mW of output, so they are usually overspec. I'm sue yours will be no different.

oh wow sweet!

so would i need to buy a chord that plugs into the wall for it? what you mean solder a chord into it?

Exactly what you describe. You could even cut one off a broken appliance if you have any around the house. Then you'll just need to solder the two wires onto two pins. It's not very difficult since the parts are pretty big.

ok got it. man im gonna have a lot of chords coming out of this unit lol. the laser, the dac,the galvos?

Anything you can find that will do the trick. The case should ideally be metal.. With a laser that's not overly powerful like the Aixiz modules you can get away without having a bunch of heatsinking, but you'll definitely need at least on good fan. What you use is entirely up to you, and you can see lots of other people's ideas by browsing through the threads here in the laser show section. Be creative..

since im on a budget im just going to make a box out of wood and im going to have the top open for ventilation. also i have a 12 volt computer fan that is pretty powerful. i just dont know how im going to power that tho. any suggestions?

Use a computer power supply to power it.. Desktop PSUs make great power supplies for things like fans, servos, smaller power supplies, laser drivers, etc. Many people use them in their scanners.

If you're using a wood case, either put the laser module directly under the fan or mount it flat against a sheet of thin metal and mount that on the wood.

im planning on having a clear Plexiglas sheet over it to look inside. so would it be ok if the fan was right beside the module?