Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Budgetbeams up to 30% off.

man! that's a good price for that host. That's cheaper than I paid the Chinese for a bulk order, after shipping..
I'm going to add that link to the website.

Last edited:
I just got 2 more in the mailbox today, and I just now unscrewed the bezel and reflector and your heat sink is a perfect fit. They come with the plastic battery sleeves so you can use 18650's or 26650's, I really like these handy sturdy hosts.

Buy more.

When I find something good at a good deal I say load up before they get discontinued.

These are actually decent flashlights, they draw 1 amp on high with 2 cells.
The old slide focus lights got weaker and they read 0.5 amps on high and the switches burn up trying to run my 07E and NUBM44 but these hold up.

I tested the switch with 2 cells in series and into a 1 ohm load, it read 8 volts at 4 amps for 30 seconds and had no problems.

These can power the NUBM07E and NUBM44.

SANY0424_zps6apyj0xy.jpg

Pman

I just offered $12 on that MX900 host link Red. I already have an extra screw together heat-sink.
Thanks for that link and I owe you REP. I was able to bump Moh up 4;)

Last edited:
I have bought 4 of them from that seller, 2 and then 2 more, he is a high volume seller and although his rating is not 99 percent all my lights got here in 5-7 days and they are brighter than my 900LM XML-T6 olight that cost 5 times as much, I actually just ordered a couple more because I walk every night and they have a nice long throw with that long reflector.

I also like the sturdy switch, I was building with that slide focus XML-t6 FL and I noticed all of a sudden the led's were not being driven as hard and were not as bright. Now I see that the old units switch will carry my NUBM44 but the new ones burn up in less than 30 seconds, but these MX-900 switches all load test good.

That's why I say get em while there still good because that screw together heat sink from BudgetBeams for the MX-900 is a handy thing, I am going to try a Gball diode with the Gball on it just for kicks and that heat sink is perfect for that.

Here is how I have had to jury rig the old slide body switches after they saved a fraction of a penny making them thinner inside.
SANY0364_zps3o2bxzrh.jpg

These lights stand on their tail real nice too, of course you know safety glasses are a must, but I must say it for anyone reading, never chance your eyesight, please wear the glasses.
SANY0426_zpsirses2my.jpg

SANY0429_zpsq4sd2t7e.jpg

Quick link below :beer:
http://www.budgetbeams.com/

Last edited:

Pman

Well this will be the third one I own. Have 2 different colors. One is like a brownish and the other is more silverish. I believe the 2 I already build both have the standard 445nm 9mm at 3.4W and 2.8W although I may go back and see what the 2.8W is set too and push it to over the 3W mark. I never bothered testing the diode out. The original one was purchased maybe 2.5 years ago as either the first one or one of the first that Rick Trent put out. There's a review on it somewhere here by Daguin before it was shipped off to someone out of country and then I purchased it.

Bought a driver.

Last edited: