Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Buck driver at 5.5amps

Can anyone point me to a buck type driver that can produce upto 5.5amps? I did some searching and all I came across is boost drivers that go that high. So if some one can point me in the right direction that would be awesome thanks.

Last edited:
Thanks Alaskan I will try them out, I have a pm sent to flaminpyro already just wait for his reply.

This seller in Poland has some 5 amp drivers, not cheap but good, this one on sale right now:

Sale Laser Diode Driver 0 5A 100KHz Analog TTL 405nm 445nm 635nm 650nm 3 12V | eBay

Only problem is for most pointers the size is fairly large @ 35 X 20mm, might be able to do more than 5 amps if you heat sink it enough and have the DC supply voltage as low as possible for the device drop out. This seller is always quick to answer technical questions and the device maximums he uses are often far more than they are listed to be good for. Keep the DC voltage at a minimum and the proper heatsink and I bet it will do more than 5 amps.

Last edited:
Right on I will look into that as well thanks just spoke with dtr and he said he has super xdrives that do 5amps if heatsinked properly