Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

broken bone

bugattidude said:
a ollie?... 1 of the easiest thing you can do but people still fall..

my friend did the same.. but his board didnt even come off the ground..lol

did you ollie off something, ollie while riding, or just try doin 1 while standin still on it?
second time trying an Ollie it was on wet(it had just rained) pavement. I went up quite high according to my brother but i leaned back a bit to much and the board shot out from under me.btw it was while standin still on it

I hope you learned a lesson. When you skate wears protection, especially an helmet.
-GREG

Rangedunits said:
I hope you learned a lesson. When you skate wears protection, especially an helmet.
-GREG
i was wearing a helmet but thats it

well... at least you did a ollie  :D highest ive gotten is a lil over a foot

i did wear any protection when i used to skate... except for when i tried dropping in half pipe cuz i knew i was gunna beat my head against that... but i made it through that a couple times

ive been lucky.. worst thing ive dont skating is when i bent over to pick up my board i accidently stepped on the end of it and it hit me in the forehead... but i had bangs n the grip tape didnt leave much of a mark... good times

EDIT:.. ive noticed the last couple times ive posted its stayed at 229... wtf?

Rangedunits said:
-GREG

You'd have to wear a giant bubble suit or something before you're completely safe when skateboarding, lol.

And as long as you have at least ONE arm to operate the laser points, you're fine :D

Still probably not as fail as the way I broke my wrist.
Does anyone knows what Heelies are? if not here's a pic:
heelys-reflex-9113-b.jpg

It's a shoe with removable wheels in the heels.

When I was in 7th grade I owned a pair, and was good at maneuvering on them. Then one day I was just standing on the sidewalk talking to some friends. Then when I was about to take a step, I simply raised one foot, just enough to somehow throw my balance off completely, and then I fell down. It wasn't even "raising" my foot, it was just tilting it up. I was standing completely still, but when I tilted my foot up I slipped on that back wheel. I broke my growth plate. It was the worst way to break a bone.

jamilm9 said:
yeah but on grass

You have to put the tail over top the pavement, though. It's impossible to get a goof kick off grass.

For some reason I've never been able to do it right. I have been able to do an ollie for 3 years, yet I still can't get more than 6 or 7 inches off the ground...

I got a "7" shaped fracture in my left arm, near the wrist. I fell when doing ice-skating and I couldn't move my wrist, just the fingers. I went immediately to the hospital and after 2 xrays, some plaster and 40 days it healed.

You must go immediately to the hospital if you think you have a fracture. Wait too much and the bome may start soldering the wrong way. And if there's something else broken (cartilage for example) it's a must to tell the doctor exactly how you fell, so they can make a magnetic resonance an see what happens inside if neccesary.