Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Brass host!

Hi
Decided to sell this brass host I built resently just as a host, Latching rear switch momentary side switch both steanless steel, Takes one 14500 battery
Top cap for adjustment, sits flush with host.

$70us

Attachments

• 2RlOf8n.jpg
    2RlOf8n.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 91
  • ND030Lx.jpg
    ND030Lx.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 79
  • FQfF9Fu.jpg
    FQfF9Fu.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 80
  • MW0KlNC.jpg
    MW0KlNC.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 64
Last edited:

Hi BBB,
Nice brass host , I like the look of polished brass resemble gold. Machinability is great for fabrication . Best of luck with our sale buddy.

Rich:)

Last edited:
Thanks all!
It’s very solid and heavy unlike most brass hosts out there!
If someone wants deeper grooves in the head or head machined flush with the diameter of the host I can do that, Reasonable offer might be accepted!

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Beautiful host as usual, Billy, it won't last long! :yh:

Sales are very slow this time of year apparently not sure why but seems if I gave it away it wouldn’t sell!
A perfectly machined solid brass laser housing with both rear and side steanless steel switches not plastic or rubber, Perfectly milled slot for the momentary switch, Considering brass isn’t cheap, this solid bar was around $40 so my asking price is not only reasonable it’s cheap but hey maybe it’s time to move on to bigger and better things!

Hi BBB,
What was the diameter of the brass rod before you started matching it?

Rich:)

Awesome work Billy! :beer:

Thank you buddy!

Guys I’ve stuffed up it takes a 18500 not a 14500 sorry!
Just a bit shorter than a 18650!
The head is 30mm a very solid heavy piece of brass!

Attachments

• EYd46P2.jpg
    EYd46P2.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:
Very nice looking host! Thinking about it since I've got a nice AW 18500 sitting here unused :) So this has both a tail switch and side switch? In series or in parallel? New to much of this but good with modding electronics and flashlights. What is needed or suggested to complete this into a working laser? I assume a laser diode and control module ? diameter and power levels suggested? Thanks for any help with these newbie questions.

Last edited:
Very nice looking host! Thinking about it since I've got a nice AW 18500 sitting here unused :) So this has both a tail switch and side switch? In series or in parallel? New to much of this but good with modding electronics and flashlights. What is needed or suggested to complete this into a working laser? I assume a laser diode and control module ? diameter and power levels suggested? Thanks for any help with these newbie questions.

Hi mate!

Any combination 12mm module with boost driver attached directly to diode, it’s ready to go, just solder 2 or 3 wires,

Rear switch is wired with a spring that’s your negative latching path,
Side switch you just wire your module between the positive contact board inside the host! Hope that makes sense I can give you better details when I get home,
You can use a 2w 445 as long as you have a boost driver for 1 batt!